October 2022 Data Update Feedback

Moderator: Update Team (Director)

Kevin
Decent Young Player

Post by Kevin »

Thanks again to the update team and everyone involved for another amazing update and the joy it brings to a lot of people 👏
chinnawat

Post by chinnawat »

Thanks you so much for games
MankoBranko
Trialist

Post by MankoBranko »

Almiron better be amazing now.

Thanks so much everyone, looking forward to playing this!
phamhai1986

Post by phamhai1986 »

Cảm ơn các bạn..
HaroldFinch
VIP

Post by HaroldFinch »

Dermotron wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:53 pm Yes, we had a bit of a tidy up. The game was maxed out on players and causing an error (cpp..399) when someone used the Force Load All Players from Nick's patcher. The leagues we don't really have anyone covering or are hard to track had any non internationals removed.
Just an FYI I think this still occasionally happens if you load all leagues as someone on the Facebook group reported it earlier. I said not to force load all players in Nick's Patcher.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

HaroldFinch wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:45 pm
Dermotron wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:53 pm Yes, we had a bit of a tidy up. The game was maxed out on players and causing an error (cpp..399) when someone used the Force Load All Players from Nick's patcher. The leagues we don't really have anyone covering or are hard to track had any non internationals removed.
Just an FYI I think this still occasionally happens if you load all leagues as someone on the Facebook group reported it earlier. I said not to force load all players in Nick's Patcher.
I suspect it's due to there being 52.1k second names in the DB with 0 counts. I think it might be from a bug in CMUpdater. I'll see if it can be cleared but likely won't be active until the next DB
yoanlbj
Trialist

Post by yoanlbj »

Hello, data base october 2022 with stars player database original. it look like exist. TRUE?
HaroldFinch
VIP

Post by HaroldFinch »

yoanlbj wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:45 am Hello, data base october 2022 with stars player database original. it look like exist. TRUE?
No idea what you mean.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Redknapp69 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:56 pm I was wandering why over last few updates the Swansea board have been fuming with me even though I've been top half and got sacked on a few occasions

Anyway - had a poke at Chairman att's and can see why :lol:

Discipline - Would say that could get halved or whatever the "average" may be

Patience - that can go a lot up - given that the owner doesn't invest a great deal of cash there there isn't really the expectation that Swans should be winning the league or even get in the playoffs - given where they are i'd say that's maybe stretch target. They are too tight to sack coaches willy nilly really (usually they get poached and Swans get compo!)

Resources - Doesn't pump in hardly any cash for transfers. Suppose keeps club ticking over but in recent years that's been more down to player trade and selling the "big" players like Dan James, Rodon, McBurnie, Gylfi, Bony, Ayew, Allen, Mawson etc

Ambition - that can come down as well - does obviously want to get back to PL and if so I think they would flog and make a quick buck then but no way is very ambitious

Meh - fired after finishing 7th!

DanLufc1989

Post by DanLufc1989 »

Well done again to you guys keeping these updates going 👏 fantastic work keeping this great game alive!
PatchJAds
Trialist

Post by PatchJAds »

Hi All

Great update and great to see the game alive and well. I am sure you've heard my question before but is there any way to apply the update to players only. Leaving the tactical game play of the original

Thanks
HaroldFinch
VIP

Post by HaroldFinch »

Redknapp69 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:24 am
Redknapp69 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:56 pm I was wandering why over last few updates the Swansea board have been fuming with me even though I've been top half and got sacked on a few occasions

Patience - that can go a lot up - given that the owner doesn't invest a great deal of cash there there isn't really the expectation that Swans should be winning the league or even get in the playoffs - given where they are i'd say that's maybe stretch target. They are too tight to sack coaches willy nilly really (usually they get poached and Swans get compo!)

Resources - Doesn't pump in hardly any cash for transfers. Suppose keeps club ticking over but in recent years that's been more down to player trade and selling the "big" players like Dan James, Rodon, McBurnie, Gylfi, Bony, Ayew, Allen, Mawson etc

Ambition - that can come down as well - does obviously want to get back to PL and if so I think they would flog and make a quick buck then but no way is very ambitious

What font do you use mate? One of the best I've seen for a while!
HaroldFinch
VIP

Post by HaroldFinch »

PatchJAds wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:37 pm Hi All

Great update and great to see the game alive and well. I am sure you've heard my question before but is there any way to apply the update to players only. Leaving the tactical game play of the original

Thanks
Use Nick's Patcher to overwrite the new tactic files.
broitsokay
Decent Young Player

Post by broitsokay »

Japan's players might be a little too overpowered. They just won the World Cup beating some of the strongest teams in the world (including friendlies) with ease lol..

Perhaps replace a few of those 20 attributes with more 15's I guess. Seem to have way too many world class 18-20 attributes.

Also, when I was playing International Friendlies, the stadiums were missing, says 'Unknown Stadium' for home matches? Shouldn't it be Wembley Stadium? Why does it say 'N' for Home friendly matches? But away friendly matches are played in the national stadium of whatever country it is?
broitsokay
Decent Young Player

Post by broitsokay »

HaroldFinch wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:15 pm

I think it's Alte Haas Grotesk Bold? Looks similar to the one I use (from one of the font packs downloads)
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

broitsokay wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:42 pm Japan's players might be a little too overpowered. They just won the World Cup beating some of the strongest teams in the world (including friendlies) with ease lol..

Perhaps replace a few of those 20 attributes with more 15's I guess. Seem to have way too many world class 18-20 attributes.
They've been knocked out at the group stage 5/5 times in testing/playing
broitsokay wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:42 pm Also, when I was playing International Friendlies, the stadiums were missing, says 'Unknown Stadium' for home matches? Shouldn't it be Wembley Stadium? Why does it say 'N' for Home friendly matches? But away friendly matches are played in the national stadium of whatever country it is?
Is this for England? N = neutral venue.
broitsokay
Decent Young Player

Post by broitsokay »

Dermotron wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:38 am
broitsokay wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:42 pm Japan's players might be a little too overpowered. They just won the World Cup beating some of the strongest teams in the world (including friendlies) with ease lol..

They've been knocked out at the group stage 5/5 times in testing/playing
broitsokay wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:42 pm Also, when I was playing International Friendlies, the stadiums were missing, says 'Unknown Stadium' for home matches? Shouldn't it be Wembley Stadium? Why does it say 'N' for Home friendly matches? But away friendly matches are played in the national stadium of whatever country it is?
Is this for England? N = neutral venue.
My thoughts are

- I still think Japanese players look too good/world class in attributes.
Especially Furuhashi and Kubo but also many of the others still seem to have way too high attributes, that haven't really proved they are world class in real life football at the top level, yet in the game are performing like they are consistently performing at the level of prime galacticos.. that's why I was surprised and felt they were made too good, and need attributes nerfing . (If they move to big clubs, stronger leagues, perform in tournaments like champions league, and perform on international stage like Son heung-Min for example, then I would think they are much more worthy of having such high attributes in database) .

- Yup for England. Just didn't understand why so many friendlies keep taking place at Neutral 'Unknown Stadium' venue's instead of at Wembley or the national stadium of whatever country they are playing if Away.

The stadium thing is not a big issue, i can live with it, just a QoL thing that was noticable. If it cant be changed/set in database that there should be a 'named' stadium instead of 'Unknown Stadium', not a problem . just would be nice if u get a stadium name when playing friendlies
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

England is hardcoded to use different stadiums in ODB. Not sure why they are playing at "Unknown stadium"
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

HaroldFinch wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:15 pm

One of Alias's I believe and he said..............

BECAUSE SOMEBODY ALWAYS ASKS - THE FONT IN THESE PICS IS "MONTREALSERIAL-BOLD" AND CAN BE FOUND IN FONTPACK13 HERE: https://www.champman0102.net/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=2397
garethpt
Trialist

Post by garethpt »

Brilliant what you do with the platform !

Only thing is contracts, wages and transfer fees, the players want modern day money etc but clubs don’t earn enough money in the game for modern transfers and wages etc, you make 1-2 signings decent signings then you have no budget for wages etc ?? Or is this just me ??

I don’t post anything normally but just wanted to find out if anyone is having same problems?
HaroldFinch
VIP

Post by HaroldFinch »

garethpt wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:45 pm Brilliant what you do with the platform !

Only thing is contracts, wages and transfer fees, the players want modern day money etc but clubs don’t earn enough money in the game for modern transfers and wages etc, you make 1-2 signings decent signings then you have no budget for wages etc ?? Or is this just me ??

I don’t post anything normally but just wanted to find out if anyone is having same problems?
Have you got any examples of this?
garethpt
Trialist

Post by garethpt »

I’m doing a Newcastle save the prize money etc for winning leagues and cups and the end of season money you get isn’t reflected in the increase in demands for transfer fees and wages etc. is there a way to correct it ?
HaroldFinch
VIP

Post by HaroldFinch »

You literally posted something similar above, but haven't given any examples of how the wage demands are high as requested.
lho9uofb
Trialist

Post by lho9uofb »

Thank you so much
Alias47
Reserve Team Player

Post by Alias47 »

Has anyone experienced a small of issue of bids being essentially ignored by the receiving club? Not all bids and not all the time, just here and there. Meaning that you bid for a player and literally nothing happens, the bid just stays there like a ringing telephone waiting to be answered...

Bid for this guy during the summer transfer window, honestly forgot about it as I was busy assembling my new squad for the upcoming season. Looked in 'future transfers' and remembered "oh yeah I bid for him". Took a screenshot you can see the date is now September, weeks have passed (at least) since my bid...

Waited another month just to show you...

It's not the end of the world by any means. It's not really effecting my game, it's one bid that has stalled out of many that haven't. In fact if I cancelled this bid and re-submitted it I'm sure I'd get my response (read: rejected). Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this...?