Season 91/92 For 0102 (Work in progress)

Moderator: Update Team (Director)

swingkicker
Youth Team Player

Post by swingkicker »

Cheers bud I'll check that out for sure. Like I say, if you want any specifics about players from Dundee utd or some of the Japanese players then just give me a shout
Cam F
Backup Player

Post by Cam F »

swingkicker wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:13 pm Cheers bud I'll check that out for sure. Like I say, if you want any specifics about players from Dundee utd or some of the Japanese players then just give me a shout
Sure, I implemented your last ones on Dundee Utd and Japanese players.
swingkicker
Youth Team Player

Post by swingkicker »

Ah excellent thanks. Ok so I'll go through the squad with a little bit of detail on each apart from some of the reserves that I know nothing about

A player missing is a midfielder called Jose Luis Pochettino who was part of our early 90s delve into the South American market. Looked a skillful and tricky player but ever made his mark before spending the rest of his career in the Argentine 2nd tier.

Alan Main-Fan favourite goalkeeper who was exceptionally agile and a great shot stopper but was let down by his short size. Still a popular figure with the fans
Christian Dailly-Only 17 here but he had establised himself in the team a year earlier. He was actually a striker at this point in time. He didn't become a defender until I believe it was his move to Blackburn a few years later although I do recall him occassionally deputising there for us. Very hard working and tough young man who went on to become an international regular.

Second keeper should be Guido Van De Kamp. A favourite of mine as a kid. Brilliant shot stopper and penalty saver but was very likely to drop a clanger every few games!

Freddy Van Der Hoorn- Another popular defender who was with us for a few years. Versatile and good on the ball

Mark Perry- Champ Man always really liked him! Good player but I always felt he was easily rattled and panicked sometimes.

Maurice Malpas- One of the greatest players to ever play for us. Incredibly cool on the ball, could play anywhere across the back line and could bomb up and down the line with limitless energy.

Dave Narey- THE actual greatest player to ever play for us. Unbelievably cool on the ball and incredible positional sense

Allan Preston- Now a somewhat annoying pundit, never really made his mark at Utd. I mainly remember him at St Johnstone. He was ok I suppose but at this point in time he wasn't up to much

John Clark- Famously scored against Barca in our 1987 uefa cup run. Could play as a defender or striker but was mainly known as a defender. Big tough guy who let his weight get out of control at times and was subject to a lot of opposition crowd abuse because of it haha. This team is at the tail end of our golden generation so if it feels like I'm being overly positive it's because this team is full of hall of famers.....if it was a few years later I would certainly not be so kind!

Miodrag Krivokapic- Cool as hell defender from Yugoslavia and he had that expressionaless calm on the pitch that many of his countrymen had. Yet another fan favourite. A ball playing defender who wasn't afraid to get stuck in

Gary Bollan- He was always highly rated and moved to Rangers but I just never thought he was great. Maybe I have missed something as I was young but even watching old highlights I just never really got it.

Alex Cleland- Another who moved to Rangers (in the 90s if you had a good game against Rangers they bought you) hard working and speedy. Would be considered a wing back in today's game. Full of energy

Bryan Welsh-Limited and slow but tough as nails and brilliant in the air in both boxes.

Dave Bowman-"Psycho" had a hot temper and was sent off several times for fighting. Another tough as nails player who was a huge fan favourite. Went to Euro 92 with Scotland just after this season so must have shone here. Was with us for a long time from the golden generation into his latter years where he played in increasingly shit Utd teams. Ended his career at Forfar where he was sent off 7 times in one match and just retired when the suspension came in.

Jim Mcinally- Another hall of famer. A no nonsense, simple clean up player. Nothing flashy, just got stuck in and let the more skillful players do their thing. Good on the ball and just cleaned things up in the midfield. he would be considered a defensive mid

Billy Mckinlay- Many people my age will have Badger as their favourite ever player. One of only two Utd players who went on to win the EPL, the other being Andy Robertson. Very skillful with a rake of long range shot. Also surprisingly tough for his size and skill. Must have been having Jim McLean as amanager for all those years. Left us for Blackburn when we were relegated in 1994. Scored a hat trick against Dundee in his final game solidifying his status as a legend.

Jochen Muller-Injured for most of the season before leaving but was recently watching highlights of a game and I eat my earlier words, he looked pretty good! Really not enough info to go on, he only played a handful of games.

Michael O Neill- Made his name as a well regarded manager these days. Was clearly a quality player but he was one of the many who just could not deal with Mclean's management style which was basically screaming into people's faces and never praising them.....He constantly fell out with Jim and just couldn't feel at home at Utd which is a shame because he worked hard on the pitch and chipped in with his fair share of goals from midfield. Went on to have a better time at Hibs

John O Neil- Such a weird one, I always remember him in my youth as he always seemed to be in the programs and annuals but rarely saw him play. He was always on the edge of the team, playing a few games here and there over several years. Then ten years after this he ends up with a Scotland cap. Clearly had something about him but just couldn't break through properly in a very strong Utd team. A late bloomer

Darren Jackson- The type of player you love when he's in your team but hate when he's the opposition. A shithouse and a terror who was a buzzbomb, constantly getting stuck in even as a striker. Fast, direct and a good finisher. Did well pretty much everywhere he went and was a regular in Craig Brown's Scotland team.

Paddy Connolly- A good squad player and formed a great strike duo with Duncan Ferguson the season after this. He peaked early though and never really went on to realise his potential. If you want a laugh look up his gal that never was in 1993 against Partick Thistle where the ball hit the stantion at the back of the net and ref thought it hit the post

Mixu Paatelainen- Brought over from finland in the late 80s as a young kid and almost instantly became a fan's favourite. Another player with an ample frame which made him a target for opposition fans. Direct as hell and just bulldozed his way through defenders. Not the most versatile player and could be marked out of the game at times but he went on to have a really solid career. Another who struggled with Mclean's management style

Victor Ferreyra- Part of a duo of Argentinians who were sold to us by a dodgy agent who falsified their international credentials. One of them was Victor who was actually very good, he had only recently played on of his 2 Argentina caps, scoring against Brazil. He had that South American temperament and Mclean didn't like not being able to control players so he was in and out of the team but fans remember him fondly. Spat at two players though which didn't go down in the Scottish media. The other player we got (hopefully you can add him as he was a squad member) was the infamous Walter Rojas. Long flowing locks, looked like a superstar had come to Tannadice. Rumours started swirling that people had seen him in reserve games and it looked like he'd never seen a football before. He was injured before ever playing a game and went back to Argentina shortly after. Another persistant rumour was that we had signed the brother of the player we were being told about. That's almost certainly bollocks though, just dodgy agent work.

Duncan Ferguson- I think we all know big Dunc haha. This was his breakthrough season. A real handful for defenders, strong, great in the air but surprisingly good with the ball. Bit of a temper....putting it lightly.

Andy Mclaren- One of my favourites as a kid. A tricky but inconsistent winger. Sadly his career was blighted with drug and alcohol problems which he finally purged and got a cap while playing for Kilmarnock in 2001. Quite the redemption arc but definitely didn't reach his immense potential because when he first broke onto the scene people were very excited about him.

Ray Mckinnon- Another who never fulfilled his potential and he was an insanely frustrating player. He was very un-Scottish in the sense that he was seemingly lazy but blessed with unreal natural talent. Usually we have players who make up for their lack of skill with hard work. Ray had two spells with us and was our manager for a bit too. He scored a hat trick of free kicks in his second spell in 1997 which is still talked about today. He was the epitome of not living up to potential.

Grant Johnson- Was on the periphary of the squad for years but never really made his mark until we were relegated and he got his shot. Decent player for a squad but was never really considered anything other than that.

Hamish French- Always considered a good player by fans but would often be out through injury. I remember very little of him at Utd, my memories of him are at Dunfermline where he was a solid player.

Sorry, that's a long rambling post but hopefully helpful in some way. I'll hopefully manage a less detailed and less rambling post for the japan team
Cam F
Backup Player

Post by Cam F »

when I was a kid I remember hearing about Maidstone Utd going out of business in 1992.

Thankfully this is 1991 so they are back!!!

Gazza & interesting which clubs players are at for England

Cam F
Backup Player

Post by Cam F »

Halfway through English div 3, that's where it becomes a slog, 11 done, 13 to go, not bothering with conference, correct teams there though, info is limited on the teams.

Edit: 3 to go for this division 3 misery to end. Thankfully detail isn’t great on sites so taking quicker as only have double figures for some teams but as I rearranged players for where they were thank to histories most should be there anyway.
Cam F
Backup Player

Post by Cam F »

just york to go in Div 3!

Loving Wrexham!

AMC
Squad Rotation Player

Post by AMC »

Some proper Welsh legends there mate, fantastic work as always.
upthehammers
Decent Young Player

Post by upthehammers »

Looking really good, any chance of some screenshots of West Ham and some of there players mate, looking forward to playing it when released.
Cam F
Backup Player

Post by Cam F »

upthehammers wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:12 pm Looking really good, any chance of some screenshots of West Ham and some of there players mate, looking forward to playing it when released.
Sure can do that tomorrow.

No idea when it will be released, a long way away and need a working exe but not fussed about that at moment.

Just need to maintain my focus.

Spain, Portugal and Brazil are always a nightmare with the common names so not even gone there above the basics so far. Not sure where I will go after York…
Cam F
Backup Player

Post by Cam F »

upthehammers wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:12 pm Looking really good, any chance of some screenshots of West Ham and some of there players mate, looking forward to playing it when released.

upthehammers
Decent Young Player

Post by upthehammers »

Thx cam, not the best team we ever had! But some players I remember well. A young terminator, love to see it! Great work mate
RichardMC1

Post by RichardMC1 »

Hi. I have checked the Halifax Town history book & can give you the squad for that season.

GK Jonathan Gould
GK Nick Brown youngster
GK Lee Bracey signed October from Swansea

DF R/C David Evans
DC Steve Richards
DC Chris Lucketti
DC Russell Bradley
DC Neil Griffiths youngster
DC Dudley Lewis signed October from Huddersfield

DL Alan Kamara
DL Paul Wilson signed December from Northampton
D/MRLC Billy Barr
D R David German
D/M RC Kevin Megson

MD Tommy Graham
MD Greg Abbott
MD Tony Gregory
MD Scott Longley youngster
MD Ian Hutchinson youngster
MD Paul Donnelly youngster
AM/ST Jamie Paterson youngster
AML Ronnie Hildersley signed November from Canada ex Preston

ST Steve Norris
ST Ian Juryeff
ST Nick Richrdson
ST Graham Cooper
Cam F
Backup Player

Post by Cam F »

RichardMC1 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:27 pm Hi. I have checked the Halifax Town history book & can give you the squad for that season.

GK Jonathan Gould
GK Nick Brown youngster
GK Lee Bracey signed October from Swansea

DF R/C David Evans
DC Steve Richards
DC Chris Lucketti
DC Russell Bradley
DC Neil Griffiths youngster
DC Dudley Lewis signed October from Huddersfield

DL Alan Kamara
DL Paul Wilson signed December from Northampton
D/MRLC Billy Barr
D R David German
D/M RC Kevin Megson

MD Tommy Graham
MD Greg Abbott
MD Tony Gregory
MD Scott Longley youngster
MD Ian Hutchinson youngster
MD Paul Donnelly youngster
AM/ST Jamie Paterson youngster
AML Ronnie Hildersley signed November from Canada ex Preston

ST Steve Norris
ST Ian Juryeff
ST Nick Richrdson
ST Graham Cooper
Cool, thanks! I have done Halifax, I only do players signed by start of season.

Also moved on to a side project, updating 95 with kids future transfers and sticking to the actual crazy abilty CA of CM2, makes it really interesting, I toned it down to more realistic but now going for it and has some fun results.

I might then delete all the kids and do a non kids version as never overally been comfortable with it but at same time makes for an incredible career game starting with Cantona and playing through to Neymar, Messi, Kane...etc coming through.
upthehammers
Decent Young Player

Post by upthehammers »

Great stuff cam, will you be releasing the other 95 databases as it's my go to in cm? And would love to try other versions of it.
Cam F
Backup Player

Post by Cam F »

Yeah that's the plan. It shouldn't take too long but 91 is a long term project and need a break for something less taxing and just copying from cm2 editor.

I should add 95 is my favourite DB, even over 93 as i was basically just copying stats from the CM db as can always being critical or over abilty people on my own judgement so to just use the makers own stats makes it more special for me.
upthehammers
Decent Young Player

Post by upthehammers »

Cam F wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:48 pm Yeah that's the plan. It shouldn't take too long but 91 is a long term project and need a break for something less taxing and just copying from cm2 editor.

I should add 95 is my favourite DB, even over 93 as i was basically just copying stats from the CM db as can always being critical or over abilty people on my own judgement so to just use the makers own stats makes it more special for me.
great stuff cant wait to give it a go!

also 95 is my fav db aswell!