Season 93/94 For 0102

Moderator: Update Team (Director)

Cam F
Hot Prospect for the Future

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by Cam F »

JonBetts wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:48 pm CM93 has now been added to the CM0102 Starter Kit.

Thanks so much to Cam for the hard work and dedication he put in to getting this database together. It's an absolute work of art!
Thanks for the kind words! 0001 version is better but proud of this bad boy also :)
Bunglefish
Youth Team Player

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by Bunglefish »

Modano wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:24 pm I've just finished the 3rd season with my Fiorentina and this is easily my favorite db right now :D for the first time we've reached the 1st position in the league! I didn't expect to win the league and I thought that struggle in the top would be close-fought. We've reached semi-finals in the Champions League, but Sampdoria was just too strong for us that day (despite winning in the 1st game 3:1 :| )
Anyway, this is how the table looked after the last game of the 3rd season:

And this is my line-up. I'm waiting for december because Roberto Carlos will join us after finishing his contract with Palmeiras :D

Now the board has much higher ambitions, so I hope to continue the winning streak :D

Modano, question for you, what font is that? and how do you get your menubars to look like that? :D
Modano
Decent Young Player

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by Modano »

Bunglefish wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:42 pm
Modano wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:24 pm I've just finished the 3rd season with my Fiorentina and this is easily my favorite db right now :D for the first time we've reached the 1st position in the league! I didn't expect to win the league and I thought that struggle in the top would be close-fought. We've reached semi-finals in the Champions League, but Sampdoria was just too strong for us that day (despite winning in the 1st game 3:1 :| )
Anyway, this is how the table looked after the last game of the 3rd season:

And this is my line-up. I'm waiting for december because Roberto Carlos will join us after finishing his contract with Palmeiras :D

Now the board has much higher ambitions, so I hope to continue the winning streak :D

Modano, question for you, what font is that? and how do you get your menubars to look like that? :D
It's florencesans bold. The best from the best fonts to use in CM (in my humble opinion, of course :D )

You can download it here: https://www.champman0102.net/viewtopic. ... ans#p12407
Deleted User 211

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by Deleted User 211 »

Hi Cam,

Someone that uses my Starter Kit has noticed that after the first season, the year of honours in the Premier League and FA Cup history tables goes to 1994, from 1992:

Is that something you've seen before?

Cheers
jukilo1888
Decent Young Player

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by jukilo1888 »

This is purely because of the way histories have been done.

When Nick made the exe he counted the season starting in august. If you consult any records book you will see that United were champions of the season 92-93.

But the game counts when the season ends hence Wimbledon being the 93-94 Champions and appears as 1994 champions. That’s why it appears like that. No champions are missed, it’s just a cosmetic thing.

You can use the history tool and forward histories 1 year and it will all be fine. (United 93 champions, Marseille 93 European champions and so on)
Deleted User 211

Season 93/94 For 0102

jukilo1888 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:28 am This is purely because of the way histories have been done.

When Nick made the exe he counted the season starting in august. If you consult any records book you will see that United were champions of the season 92-93.

But the game counts when the season ends hence Wimbledon being the 93-94 Champions and appears as 1994 champions. That’s why it appears like that. No champions are missed, it’s just a cosmetic thing.

You can use the history tool and forward histories 1 year and it will all be fine. (United 93 champions, Marseille 93 European champions and so on)
Thanks very much for the explanation! :)
Tashee69
Youth Team Player

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by Tashee69 »

The link is not working and I would love to play this. Please can somebody help
Cam F

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by Cam F »

Link in OP is fine, just checked there.
Deleted User 211

Season 93/94 For 0102

Has anyone tried applying any of Nick's Patcher options to this database? I'm loathe to add the ability to do that on my Starter Kit, as I know Nick has already integrated a few bits and pieces into the executable file already. But there are people wanting to be able to speed up the 93/94 game, so maybe I just allow them to do that!

Would be good to know if people have run it smoothly with some of the patcher settings though.
Xeno
Patch Team

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by Xeno »

If game exe is 3.9.68 based ( does not matter original or Tapani or Saturn ) , you can use Nick+Co's tool to speed up game via game speed options in the tool
Deleted User 211

Season 93/94 For 0102

Yeah it is, I'm just wondering if other options from Nick's Patcher can be applied too, as I don't actually know how he has modified the cm93.exe. I'm worried some options might conflict with how he's set it up. I don't want people running my tool getting errors - the customer service is bad enough already :lol:
Xeno
Patch Team

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by Xeno »

:) you are doing best customer service , fastest
could you share the exe ?
Deleted User 211

Season 93/94 For 0102

xeno wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:53 pm :) you are doing best customer service , fastest
could you share the exe ?

The exe is bundled with the data file in Cam's original post: https://www.sendspace.com/file/g7gfsn
jukilo1888
Decent Young Player

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by jukilo1888 »

Well I don’t have a big enough sample to say but I’ve played a couple of different seasons with this DB and Nicks patcher applied with lots of settings applied. Not with my laptop at a minute but from the top of my head I used the creativity fix, reset squad status, no foreigners for all, increase B team to 50 players, fitness patch, gk fix patch (not the super keepers) and many others. Speed adjustment, inflation set, coloured attributes and the other default ones that it applies.

Never had any problems so far.
Deleted User 211

Season 93/94 For 0102

jukilo1888 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:52 pm Well I don’t have a big enough sample to say but I’ve played a couple of different seasons with this DB and Nicks patcher applied with lots of settings applied. Not with my laptop at a minute but from the top of my head I used the creativity fix, reset squad status, no foreigners for all, increase B team to 50 players, fitness patch, gk fix patch (not the super keepers) and many others. Speed adjustment, inflation set, coloured attributes and the other default ones that it applies.

Never had any problems so far.
Thanks for that, that's useful feedback!
Xeno
Patch Team

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by Xeno »

This exe is done by Nick+Co, right? He can answer detailly.
Normally , it is 3.9.68 based for start year 93. Principally, you can be able to apply patches except the patches which tool show already applied and except the patches which related year, league/cup structure , international hosts and match day schedules.
Last edited by Xeno on Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deleted User 211

Season 93/94 For 0102

Yeah. I've been using his Loader (https://github.com/nckstwrt/CM0102Loader) rather than the Patcher, so I might do what you say, and use the Patcher to see what it says have been applied already. Thanks for the advice!
BigMarv
Youth Team Player

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by BigMarv »

Hi Cam,

Just a couple of questions on your 9394 database:

- Why are the staff ages -8 years in terms of DOB? Is there a quick fix?
- Also duplicates of staff & players (seemingly those playing in 93/94 who were staff by 0102), again any reason?
- It was mentioned earlier of a tool to mass-adjust these dates, could someone point me where to go with this?

More generally:

- What is your approach when starting a historical database?
- Are there specific things you do in order?
- Do you have a workflow?
- When/how do you decide whether to retain the 'correct' dates (birth/competitions etc.) or adjust by number of years
- For database years where there are significant changes to 'nations', is there a workflow for deleting/amalgamating nations (eg USSR/Divided Germany/Yugoslavia etc.)
Cam F

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by Cam F »

Just a couple of questions on your 9394 database:

- Why are the staff ages -8 years in terms of DOB? Is there a quick fix? There must be something wrong with how you installed it, the DOBs are correct in my db.
- Also duplicates of staff & players (seemingly those playing in 93/94 who were staff by 0102), again any reason? 0001 93 is my baby, this was a gift back to the forum, i got rid of loads of duplicates but handed it over to the forum as i prefer 0001. There are duplicates, in 0001 i made the non player a player but 9394 0102 the players were inserted in using JL's Flex so i would have had no need to touch the existing 0102 non player.
- It was mentioned earlier of a tool to mass-adjust these dates, could someone point me where to go with this? Your installation must be wrong but you would use cmstaff in downloads.

More generally:

- What is your approach when starting a historical database? Usually having a few beers and getting an idea in my head and starting from there.
- Are there specific things you do in order? Depends, 9394 had structure, i used cm93 & italia then did nation by nation after that. When converting CM3/9900 or CM2/9798 i do a nation by nation, from top flight then down the leagues.
- Do you have a workflow? As above, 84 is totally random at moment
- When/how do you decide whether to retain the 'correct' dates (birth/competitions etc.) or adjust by number of years - I uses correct DOBs, never touched competition histories, usually super kind people Nick or others have done that, i end up corrupting the db when i mess with histories i discovered.
- For database years where there are significant changes to 'nations', is there a workflow for deleting/amalgamating nations (eg USSR/Divided Germany/Yugoslavia etc.) No idea I wasn't that fussed, it took 4 years to do 0001, some things just don't seem worth trying to change, Simon was the same when he did his 89 one.
Last edited by Cam F on Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 1932

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by Deleted User 1932 »

Cam F wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:44 pm Usually having a few beers and getting an idea in my head and starting from there.
It's the only way!
jsparker23
Youth Team Player

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by jsparker23 »

I have been using Jon's Starter Kit and I really love the 93/94 database, but unfortunately, I noticed the Leeds squad was wrong. It features Jamie McMaster who would've been 11 in 1993. I am trying to make changes to the Leeds squad using the editor now.

Are the squads supposed to be accurate as of the start of the season or the end? I cannot comment on any other team, but as a Leeds fan, I have the official handbook from that season and can update the squad based on this information. Personally I wouldn't include any of the 1997 FA Youth Cup Winning Team as they didn't come through until much later, despite Harry Kewell making his debut at 17 in 1996 (at left back believe it or not).

If you'd like to talk more about the changes or you'd like me to post them, I am happy to do that. Thanks. It's currently my favourite database.
Cam F

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by Cam F »

jsparker23 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:35 am I have been using Jon's Starter Kit and I really love the 93/94 database, but unfortunately, I noticed the Leeds squad was wrong. It features Jamie McMaster who would've been 11 in 1993. I am trying to make changes to the Leeds squad using the editor now.

Are the squads supposed to be accurate as of the start of the season or the end? I cannot comment on any other team, but as a Leeds fan, I have the official handbook from that season and can update the squad based on this information. Personally I wouldn't include any of the 1997 FA Youth Cup Winning Team as they didn't come through until much later, despite Harry Kewell making his debut at 17 in 1996 (at left back believe it or not).

If you'd like to talk more about the changes or you'd like me to post them, I am happy to do that. Thanks. It's currently my favourite database.
In making a db that is 8 years back there are sacrifices to be made, if i kept the original ages the game would deem them too young and reset them so they are 21/22 years old, so you either delete lots of players or you accept some might be a couple of years younger at 14/15.

I make any db for me and for my enjoyment primarily as it takes fecking ages, 4 years for 93 0001 it took.

When i did a conversion for 0102 i handed it over to the forum and folk can play with it and hopefully enjoy it, unless they take the piss and make a few changes then release their own version which really annoyed me :lol:
jsparker23
Youth Team Player

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by jsparker23 »

Cam F wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:24 pm
jsparker23 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:35 am I have been using Jon's Starter Kit and I really love the 93/94 database, but unfortunately, I noticed the Leeds squad was wrong. It features Jamie McMaster who would've been 11 in 1993. I am trying to make changes to the Leeds squad using the editor now.

In making a db that is 8 years back there are sacrifices to be made, if i kept the original ages the game would deem them too young and reset them so they are 21/22 years old, so you either delete lots of players or you accept some might be a couple of years younger.

I make any db for me and for my enjoyment primarily as it takes fecking ages, 4 years for 93 0001 it took.

When i did a conversion for 0102 i handed it over to the forum and folk can play with it and hopefully enjoy it, unless they take the piss and make a few changes then release their own version which really annoyed me :lol:
Understood :) It's a really good database. With a few tweaks I can make Leeds the squad they should be. Thank you for making it!
Deleted User 211

Season 93/94 For 0102

Cam F wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:24 pm

In making a db that is 8 years back there are sacrifices to be made, if i kept the original ages the game would deem them too young and reset them so they are 21/22 years old, so you either delete lots of players or you accept some might be a couple of years younger at 14/15.

I think you should have been pleased he was making your database better. Anyway, he's going to release it to his fans with or without your permission :lol:
Cam F

Season 93/94 For 0102

Post by Cam F »

He wasn't :lol: he was making it worse, downgrading players and turning it into a sim update, whereas mine is more OBD than sim.