Season 1994/ 1995 update

Moderator: Update Team (Director)

Franz Ferdinand
Youth Team Player

Season 1994/ 1995 update

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

georged wrote: โ†‘Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:01 pm
Franz Ferdinand wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:21 am
fatmup wrote: โ†‘Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:30 am Always look forward to trying out new retro updates so good luck with this.

One question though, don't want to sound like a criticism, but is it just me or do a lot of those player attributes look quite poor? As in quite low.
In general, player attributes in my database are a bit different from the players in the usual data updates in this forum. I don't remember all the players strenghts from players in the 90's so i use some online resources to fill in the attributes. For the CA related attributes i am trying to optimalize players' intrinsic value as much as possible. My main goal is focus on player strenghts rather than putting high attributes all over the place so that they perform in a more realistic way. Obviously there is always room for discussion about player attributes as my sources might also not be accurate. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The players in my database have lower CA/PA's but that does not necissarily make them weaker i believe.
That's a great approach. It makes it a lot more realistic if a forward is actually a forward and not some player that, according to their attribute values, could play anywhere. Screenshots look very good.
Thanks. I see a very nice new challenge for you already. Managing Haarlem in 1994.. :)

Ticampos
Youth Team Player

Season 1994/ 1995 update

Post by Ticampos »

Franz Ferdinand wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:57 am Usually i google a player and add 'pes stats' behind. Pes stats are quite similar to cm. A pes value of 80 is 10 in my database. A pes value of 60 or less 1 in my db and a pes value between 95 and 100 is 20 in my db. Furthermore i look for their strongest points and try to reflect that as well. Usually these strongest points are ca related
Man, use this... can be useful.

https://pesstatsdatabase.com/forum/view ... hp?t=41871
fatmup
Youth Team Player

Season 1994/ 1995 update

Post by fatmup »

Franz Ferdinand wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:21 am
fatmup wrote: โ†‘Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:30 am Always look forward to trying out new retro updates so good luck with this.

One question though, don't want to sound like a criticism, but is it just me or do a lot of those player attributes look quite poor? As in quite low.
In general, player attributes in my database are a bit different from the players in the usual data updates in this forum. I don't remember all the players strenghts from players in the 90's so i use some online resources to fill in the attributes. For the CA related attributes i am trying to optimalize players' intrinsic value as much as possible. My main goal is focus on player strenghts rather than putting high attributes all over the place so that they perform in a more realistic way. Obviously there is always room for discussion about player attributes as my sources might also not be accurate. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The players in my database have lower CA/PA's but that does not necissarily make them weaker i believe.
It just looks a bit jarring that, for example, peak Hagi only has 15 for dribbling and passing, 10 for balance and really low mental attributes across the board. Chris Waddle only having 14 for dribbling. Mancini looks weak at first glance too. Mental attributes seem quite low/average for everybody.

Again not a criticism so please don't take it that way, if this is the way that you feel works best for you then that is what you should do as I can only imagine how much work goes into something like this.
to maderia
Youth Team Player

Season 1994/ 1995 update

Post by to maderia »

hi is this available for download and what leagues are playable?cheers :D
Deano9685
Youth Team Player

Season 1994/ 1995 update

Post by Deano9685 »

This looks exactly the type of data update i've been waiting for! Any chance you could show me screenshots of Brian Laudrup, Gazza and Albertz, please?

When do you think you'll have it ready?
Christos
Youth Team Player

Season 1994/ 1995 update

Post by Christos »

hi, is there a link anywhere for this DB please?