April 2021 Data Update Feedback

Moderator: Update Team (Director)

Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

The Champman.net Update Team are proud to announce the release of the April 2021 Data Update

It's been a pleasure to see more of a community effort into improving on November's Data Update and hopefully we'll be able to continue to expand on that in future.

Changes since November:

* New tactic pack added - not a strong as November
* Managers will now play 433 (with a DMC) or 4231 when set to 433
* AI Managers have been tuned back to be a little worse
* All Nations set to Game Importance 1 to allow friendlies/tours (a combo of 1 & 2 didn't work)
* lots of chairman patience to reduced to promote sackings when clubs are going really bad
* About 20k in player transfers, loans and new players
* About 4k of staff movements
* Lots of outdated staff removed
* Lots of missing staff added
* International caps updated to last international break
* 1 easter egg

Future plans:

* make tactic's more similar to ODB in terms of performing against them
* make tactic's easier to implement by AI (brute force approach at the minute)
* reduce the DB by about 40k players and staff and 1k or so clubs
* more loan data in player histories
* swap all Blue1 colors with Blue5 to avoid colors clashes in kits

Download (2001/02 start) here

Technical Support:

This is thread is for feedback on the Data only. So players, clubs, staff, colors, refs, histories, nations, attributes - any issue with not being able to install the game, install the data update, issues with a patch will all be moved to the appropriate thread in the Technical Support forum

Some basic tips in terms of patching - this will not work with Tapani or saturn patches.

Screenshots:

Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

There was a patched version on this database up but there are too many issues and personal preferences to take care of.

Sorry, but you will need to patch the game yourself if you want 2020/21 start, colored attributes etc.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

:idea:
Offside Trap
Network Game Team

Post by Offside Trap »

On It, brace yourself guys
If a gum boil could boil oil, how much oil could a gum boil, boil, if a gum boil could boil oil ?
GOATSS
Youth Team Player

Post by GOATSS »

Matty Cash in the game has 1 Poland cap but in real life he has never played for Poland, i suggest to turn off his 2nd nationality as Polish as it hinders his chance of getting an England call up
GOATSS
Youth Team Player

Post by GOATSS »

Martin Odegaard has no history in the game it shows up as his entire career started last season at Real Madrid with no appearances no mention of Real Sociedad either?
GOATSS
Youth Team Player

Post by GOATSS »

Douglas Luiz went from Vasco to Man City in 2017 then he was on loan at Girona but there is no mention of Man City when you check his history instead it says he went from Vasco to Girona
CMCZ
Update Team (Director)

Post by CMCZ »

GOATSS wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:56 pm Matty Cash in the game has 1 Poland cap but in real life he has never played for Poland, i suggest to turn off his 2nd nationality as Polish as it hinders his chance of getting an England call up
In the database he has 1st nationality England 2nd nationality Poland and 0 caps. Probably in game Matty decided to play for Poland. A year ago Cash said he was open to play for Poland and altough his situation has improved a lot I can imagine he still thinks Poland is a serious option for him (not sure how much love he has for this country)
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

Cam F
Hot Prospect for the Future

Post by Cam F »

Surprised Nathan Patterson is rated so lowly in DB, not even one of the best kids at Rangers and stats/ability need upped massively given how highly rated he is in Scotland and UK now.

Gerrard said:"He’s a fantastic player with loads of talent"“All Nathan needs to do is keep being himself and keep being the best version of himself and I’m sure international recognition will not be too far away.“He’s already in the system with Scotland’s Under-17s, 18s, 19s, 20s and 21s. They’ve all done a fantastic job with him as well.“There is a lot of work going in behind the scenes to try and move him in the right direction. But there is no getting away from it, Scotland have got a talent here who will represent the country one day.
"And if he keeps showing the hunger and the consistency that he has done of late then there’s no reason why he can’t stay there for some time.”

Chris Sutton - "he is a fine, fine talent. He’s going to have a big future,”

Ally McCoist - Nathan Patterson should be in Scotland squad for Euros

Steve Clarke Scotland Manager - Nathan Patterson is a very good player

Had also mentioned this on 2 occasions in Scotland thread

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=396&start=75
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=396&start=100
Last edited by Cam F on Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
mkwas
Youth Team Player

Post by mkwas »

I usually play patch tapani 2.21. This April update work with this patch?
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

mkwas wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:29 am I usually play patch tapani 2.21. This April update work with this patch?
Unlikely but not certain to not work

There's a link to a patch version that will add all of the changes in Tapani 2.21
mkwas
Youth Team Player

Post by mkwas »

Dermotron wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:38 am
mkwas wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:29 am I usually play patch tapani 2.21. This April update work with this patch?

There's a link to a patch version that will add all of the changes in Tapani 2.21

where is this link? in forum? i can't see

i like play in tapani 2.21, because i have no errors in play. In the patch saturn or nick i had a lot of errors, so I don't use it
Xeno
Patch Team

Post by Xeno »

mkwas wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:05 am
Dermotron wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:38 am

where is this link? in forum? i can't see

i like play in tapani 2.21, because i have no errors in play. In the patch saturn or nick i had a lot of errors, so I don't use it
Hi, you can use unpatced databese from the top 1st post and can patch it with Tapani 2.21. If you face any issue, you can write in Technical Support Forum, not here
BTW, there is Tapani 2.22 , fyi
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

Cam F wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:26 am Surprised Nathan Patterson is rated so lowly in DB, not even one of the best kids at Rangers and stats/ability need upped massively given how highly rated he is in Scotland and UK now.

Gerrard said:"He’s a fantastic player with loads of talent"“All Nathan needs to do is keep being himself and keep being the best version of himself and I’m sure international recognition will not be too far away.“He’s already in the system with Scotland’s Under-17s, 18s, 19s, 20s and 21s. They’ve all done a fantastic job with him as well.“There is a lot of work going in behind the scenes to try and move him in the right direction. But there is no getting away from it, Scotland have got a talent here who will represent the country one day.
"And if he keeps showing the hunger and the consistency that he has done of late then there’s no reason why he can’t stay there for some time.”

Chris Sutton - "he is a fine, fine talent. He’s going to have a big future,”

Ally McCoist - Nathan Patterson should be in Scotland squad for Euros

Steve Clarke Scotland Manager - Nathan Patterson is a very good player

Had also mentioned this on 2 occasions in Scotland thread

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=396&start=75
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=396&start=100
Not bad for a guy who has started 5 league games this season irl. Got minus PA too

Cam F
Hot Prospect for the Future

Post by Cam F »

5 league games, probably about 6 european games plus league and Scottish cup games averaging a 7 or 8 and rating every time, incredibly consistent.

One of the highest rated Scottish players in absolute years to come through and playing massive games at just 19 and handling all the covid breach fall out and still doing amazing. Should be better imho.

Google him if you don't believe me.

MMeirolas
Youth Team Player

Post by MMeirolas »

Hello guys

Thx for the work keeping this game alive :)

I wanted to ask: if i get the april 2021 patches DB version, are all the Nick's Patch options active? I mean "own growth" and such... Or do i still have to apply the patch with nick's patcher?

Thx
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

Cam F wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:35 am 5 league games, probably about 6 european games plus league and Scottish cup games averaging a 7 or 8 and rating every time, incredibly consistent.

One of the highest rated Scottish players in absolute years to come through and playing massive games at just 19 and handling all the covid breach fall out and still doing amazing. Should be better imho.

Google him if you don't believe me.
Both your posts said he should be improved and he was improved. Nothing specific.

Nice to look out for the fam though :D
Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

MMeirolas wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:41 am Hello guys

Thx for the work keeping this game alive :)

I wanted to ask: if i get the april 2021 patches DB version, are all the Nick's Patch options active? I mean "own growth" and such... Or do i still have to apply the patch with nick's patcher?

Thx
Look at the spoiler in that post where the patched version can be downloaded, and you can see what's been activated.
Deleted User 1932

Post by Deleted User 1932 »

I noticed that a few of the 2020 competitions that were delayed have not had histories added. Examples are the English Vans Trophy, or whatever it may be called these days, and the Spanish Copa del Rey. Not sure if this was deliberate and you intend adding these as additional 2021 entries in the next database.

More pertinent is player reputations. I noticed that Trent AA is the highest valued player in the game when starting a game on max database with England, Italy, Germany, France and Spain. A look at the editor shows TAA has HR 160, CR 175 and WR 190. Regardless of what we may agree or disagree on (I personally think he is awesome), it is worth noting that if a player is playing in his home nation, his HR and CR must be the same. If there is a discrepancy in the editor here, the game will set both HR and CR to the CR value. So TAA therefore loads up in game with both HR and CR as 175, and is therefore by some margin the first-choice DR for England. I guess setting his HR to 160 is with the intention that he is behing Walker and Trippier; if you were to set his CR also to 160 it would be fine, and he would still comfotably be Liverpool's first choice. This issue is prevelant throughout the database, and while I understand the intention, it doesn't actually work as intended. As for the WR of 190... well that is Maldini, Zidane, Romario territory, surely (and Messi, although for reasons I don't know he only has a WR of 180)!

One final point with regards to UEFA Co-efficients. If all six fields in the editor are filled in the game dows not use the 1996 field in the editor to calculate the in-game value. If you leave the first field (1991) blank then the game will use 1992 through to 1996 to calculate the value, and you will then get a better reflection on performance as the game advances through the first five years. Looking quickly, it doesn't appear that the co-efficients have been updated anyway, and I suppose this is not exactly going to be a huge priority, but perhaps useful to consider for the future.
Max Force
VIP

Post by Max Force »

Kevin de Bruyne recently extended his contract until mid 2025, as where in the update his contract will expire mid 2023.
Source: https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... %20decade.

Nick Marsman will join Inter Miami after this season, but the transfer date in the update is set in 2020?

Eran Zahavi's Set Pieces should be higher. At least 17. With Philipp Max, he's one of the first options.

Further more, I'm looking forward to play this update and I will give some more feedback. Thanks for the effort guys!
CMCZ
Update Team (Director)

Post by CMCZ »

Alan wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:13 am

More pertinent is player reputations. I noticed that Trent AA is the highest valued player in the game when starting a game on max database with England, Italy, Germany, France and Spain. A look at the editor shows TAA has HR 160, CR 175 and WR 190. Regardless of what we may agree or disagree on (I personally think he is awesome), it is worth noting that if a player is playing in his home nation, his HR and CR must be the same. If there is a discrepancy in the editor here, the game will set both HR and CR to the CR value. So TAA therefore loads up in game with both HR and CR as 175, and is therefore by some margin the first-choice DR for England. I guess setting his HR to 160 is with the intention that he is behing Walker and Trippier; if you were to set his CR also to 160 it would be fine, and he would still comfotably be Liverpool's first choice. This issue is prevelant throughout the database, and while I understand the intention, it doesn't actually work as intended. As for the WR of 190... well that is Maldini, Zidane, Romario territory, surely (and Messi, although for reasons I don't know he only has a WR of 180)!
You are correct. The game is bugged (a player playing in home nation will set his HR to CR). Why we choose to have different HR and CR is 2 reasons:

1. Once a player gets transferred abroad the problem is gone (and otherwise he will still be stuck with a HR that's too low)
2. There are patches that fix the bug (not sure which one, but I'm sure Derm or someone else could help us tell which :) )

In the case of TAA; CR depends which players will be in the line up and which not. So lowering TAA's CR will decrease his chances of getting selected for the first team of Liverpool.

We focus more at the clubs as the nations, therefore we do believe it's more important CR is correct as HR (Altough our wish is to have both correct ofcourse :) ) as we do think the most players are focussed at the clubs more as the nations.

In my opinion the HR-bug is by far the most annoying bug in the game, but sadly enough only patches can fix this.
CMCZ
Update Team (Director)

Post by CMCZ »

Max Force wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:20 am

Nick Marsman will join Inter Miami after this season, but the transfer date in the update is set in 2020?

Eran Zahavi's Set Pieces should be higher. At least 17. With Philipp Max, he's one of the first options.
Marsmans future transfer was set 'last minute' and therefore I had no time to test. My mistake I probably made a typo.

About Zahavi: Thanks! Unfortunately we can't change this anymore until next update (and that's the reason why we release save games)
MMeirolas
Youth Team Player

Post by MMeirolas »

One thing i noticed:

Strikers in Italy have very low Finishing attributes
For example Belotti which is one of the best strikers has 13 finishing, vlahovic from fiorentina 12 i think.
Compare that to odsonne edouard which has 16 LOL

cheers
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

MMeirolas wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:08 pm One thing i noticed:

Strikers in Italy have very low Finishing attributes
For example Belotti which is one of the best strikers has 13 finishing, vlahovic from fiorentina 12 i think.
Compare that to odsonne edouard which has 16 LOL

cheers
Belotti has 15 in the Editor/DB