Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Moderator: Patch Team

Post Reply
Nick+Co
Patch Team
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:11 pm
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 732 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Nick+Co »

@Laudrup: Weirdly the code for the stadium expansion tool should be an exact replica of John Locke's tool - I've never checked it but from the code it seems to work exactly the same. It changes the stadium data. John Locke's code

Code: Select all

final String remove = "Remove Limits";
		final String impose = "No More Expansions";
		String[] options = new String[]{ remove, impose };

		Object o = JOptionPane.showInputDialog(null, "message", "Please select:", 
				JOptionPane.INFORMATION_MESSAGE, null, options, options[0]);
			
		if(o != null) {
			if(o == remove) {
				remove(stadia);
			} else if(o == impose) {
				impose(stadia);
			}
			
			boolean save = JPopup.askForBoolean("Save changes?");
			if(save) {
				data.save();
			}
		}
			
		System.exit(0);
	}

	private static void remove(final StadiumFile stadia) {
		for(Stadium s : stadia) {
			s.setExpansionCapacity(0);	
		}
	}
	
	private static void impose(final StadiumFile stadia) {
		for(Stadium s : stadia) {
			s.setExpansionCapacity(s.getCapacity());	
		}
	}
^ So from that its just setting the expansion capacity of each stadium to 0. My code:

Code: Select all

// From John Locke's Flex
        /*
        private static int STADIUM_ID = 0;//4
        private static int NAME = 4;//51
        private static int CITY = 56;//4
        private static int CAPACITY = 60;//4
        private static int SEATING = 64;//4
        */
        private static int EXPANSION_CAPACITY = 68;//4
        /*
        private static int NEARBY_STADIUM = 72;//4
        private static int IS_COVERED = 76;//1
        private static int SOIL_HEATED = 77;//1
        */
        public static int LENGTH = 78;

        public static void RemoveExpansionLimits(string stadiumFile)
        {
            using (var file = File.Open(stadiumFile, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.ReadWrite, FileShare.ReadWrite))
            {
                using (var bw = new BinaryWriter(file))
                {
                    using (var br = new BinaryReader(file))
                    {
                        var fileLength = file.Length;
                        file.Seek(EXPANSION_CAPACITY, SeekOrigin.Current);

                        while (true)
                        {
                            bw.Write((int)0);
                            if (file.Position + LENGTH > fileLength)
                                break;
                            file.Seek(LENGTH-4, SeekOrigin.Current);
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
^ Just whizzes through the file super quick and marks the expansion capacity as 0 for all the stadiums. So I can't see the difference.

No idea what the patches you posted relate to (they look like exe patches) and what you think the differences are between them.
EDIT: Oh those are the patches I wrote to try and stop the council from denying expansion - yes they may not work - very hard to debug if the council stops the expansion or not. As there's so many things that factor into it and getting it to happen in the game is a bit hit and miss.
User avatar
HaroldFinch
VIP
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:09 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 243 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by HaroldFinch »

I did ask one of the many times this issue was mentioned if someone can provide a save game whereby they could consistently replicate the council blocking expansion. Unfortunately that was either ignored or no one could do it.
User avatar
Russta
VIP
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:38 pm
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Russta »

HaroldFinch wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:22 pm I did ask one of the many times this issue was mentioned if someone can provide a save game whereby they could consistently replicate the council blocking expansion. Unfortunately that was either ignored or no one could do it.
Here's one from page 36 I posted.
Russta wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:56 pm Here is a save where this happened every single time.

Apologies, you asked for this a while back and I completely forgot.

This has happened on two other saves too so I can provide those as well if that helps.
User avatar
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)
Posts: 3851
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:08 am
Location: Lexapro Island
Has thanked: 737 times
Been thanked: 832 times
Contact:

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Dermotron »

Anyone start testing to see if 2022/23 season works?
Danek1985
Decent Young Player
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:01 am
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Danek1985 »

Hello, I have a question if anyone has any idea to fix the match mistake, i.e. I set it to 1972 and everything is fine only in the first season of the league they play more or less until December, and then only sometimes the national team matches, sorry for my English I write through the translator :) Regards
LochNessDrogba
Youth Team Player
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:01 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by LochNessDrogba »

I may be asking a FAQ here so I'll apologise in advance if I am...

I have a save game in England, however I'm getting savaged by FGN players not getting work permits. Does the patcher allow me to edit this within my current save or would I have to start a new game for it to take effect?
Nick+Co
Patch Team
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:11 pm
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 732 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Nick+Co »

@LND: The Misc Patch called NoWorkPermits can be applied to your exe and that will be in place for your ongoing game going forward. Or offer the player over 35k / week and he will automatically get a permit
CMCZ
Update Team (Director)
Posts: 927
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:37 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by CMCZ »

Is there a list with all the fixes made in the patcher? (Like currently wondering if the 'bug' is fixed where older managers +- 60 years don't get offered jobs anymore)
User avatar
HaroldFinch
VIP
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:09 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 243 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by HaroldFinch »

Russta wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:04 am
HaroldFinch wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:22 pm I did ask one of the many times this issue was mentioned if someone can provide a save game whereby they could consistently replicate the council blocking expansion. Unfortunately that was either ignored or no one could do it.
Here's one from page 36 I posted.
Russta wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:56 pm Here is a save where this happened every single time.

Apologies, you asked for this a while back and I completely forgot.

This has happened on two other saves too so I can provide those as well if that helps.
Can you also please share your exe file and Data folder? I can have a quick look into it if I have those as well.
User avatar
Russta
VIP
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:38 pm
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Russta »

HaroldFinch wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:33 pm
Russta wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:04 am
HaroldFinch wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:22 pm I did ask one of the many times this issue was mentioned if someone can provide a save game whereby they could consistently replicate the council blocking expansion. Unfortunately that was either ignored or no one could do it.
Here's one from page 36 I posted.
Russta wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:56 pm Here is a save where this happened every single time.

Apologies, you asked for this a while back and I completely forgot.

This has happened on two other saves too so I can provide those as well if that helps.
Can you also please share your exe file and Data folder? I can have a quick look into it if I have those as well.
Ah really sorry, don't have those any longer.
User avatar
Russta
VIP
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:38 pm
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Russta »

HaroldFinch wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:33 pm Can you also please share your exe file and Data folder? I can have a quick look into it if I have those as well.
Just to come back to this again, I remembered today that this kept occurring due to the 'Remove Stadium Limits' patch. Something about that seems to completely prevent any stadium expansion whatsoever. I had an inkling it was that and when another poster mentioned it as well I decided to start my next game without the patch on. Sure enough, never happened again.

My latest save has my Barnet team at 20,581 capacity with the latest database having capacity as 6500 with an expansion as 0. I'm not entirely sure what the patch aims to do in regards to what data is is changing. Honestly, I've never been sure what the expansion number is directly refering to. If the current capacity is 1000 with an expansion number of 10000, does that mean the max the stadium can go is 11000 or 10000? Barnet's stadium has an expansion of 0 so why was I able to effectively quadruple the capacity?
User avatar
HaroldFinch
VIP
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:09 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 243 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by HaroldFinch »

Russta wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:33 pm
HaroldFinch wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:33 pm Can you also please share your exe file and Data folder? I can have a quick look into it if I have those as well.
Just to come back to this again, I remembered today that this kept occurring due to the 'Remove Stadium Limits' patch. Something about that seems to completely prevent any stadium expansion whatsoever. I had an inkling it was that and when another poster mentioned it as well I decided to start my next game without the patch on. Sure enough, never happened again.

My latest save has my Barnet team at 20,581 capacity with the latest database having capacity as 6500 with an expansion as 0. I'm not entirely sure what the patch aims to do in regards to what data is is changing. Honestly, I've never been sure what the expansion number is directly refering to. If the current capacity is 1000 with an expansion number of 10000, does that mean the max the stadium can go is 11000 or 10000? Barnet's stadium has an expansion of 0 so why was I able to effectively quadruple the capacity?
I always thought 0 meant there was no limit to how much you could increase it by. And I also assumed that was what the "Remove Stadium Limits" patch does. So it does seem odd that the patch would cause that problem. I'll do a bit of investigating at some point and see what I can find.
User avatar
Xeno
Patch Team
Posts: 1605
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:01 am
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 505 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Xeno »

Hi Nick+Co, can't we uninstall misc patches after applying ?
I have an exe with error 1225 , now trying to reverse misc pacthes. It seems related with one of the misc patches as no problem with same save game when I use clean 3.9.68
Nick+Co
Patch Team
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:11 pm
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 732 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Nick+Co »

No - there's no easy way currently to reverse out misc patches. Send me the exe, data and saved game and I'll try and work out what caused it.
User avatar
Xeno
Patch Team
Posts: 1605
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:01 am
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 505 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Xeno »

Nick+Co wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:54 am No - there's no easy way currently to reverse out misc patches. Send me the exe, data and saved game and I'll try and work out what caused it.
viewtopic.php?p=68936#p68936
Exe, save game and data are here
Error 1225
It seems so that no error with clean 3.9.68 when you play save game
Volbize
Youth Team Player
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:24 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times

AllowFutureTransfersToBeFarOut

Post by Volbize »

Hi there!

Could someone explain what the "AllowFutureTransfersToBeFarOut" patch actually does?
I just spent an hour searching on the forum and still didn't find any details. (Maybe I'm a very bad detective haha)

Thanks!
Nick+Co
Patch Team
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:11 pm
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 732 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Nick+Co »

@Volbize: That is a good question! :) I should have written some notes here on this forum. For future detectives:
So the patch itself is a one byte change:

Code: Select all

003A4CB7: 4E 00
The Assembly it's changing is

Code: Select all

007A4CB2  |.  66:3D D407                                                   CMP AX,7D4    <---- here it is!!!!!!!!!!
007A4CB6  |.  7F 4E                                                        JG SHORT 007A4D06
^ This is taken from my notes, as you can see I was pretty excited to find what I was looking for.

Anyway, this patch is really for editors as it allows you to set a Future Transfer (in player_setup.cfg) way into the future. That, combined with other patches, could allow you to add a 1 year old Phil Foden in the standard 2001 game and have him do a future transfer to Man City in 2017 or something. Without this patch, the 7D4 refers to 2004 and any future transfer set after 2004 (or 3 years after the starting date if the exe has been date patch) would not work.
Cam F
Backup Player
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:52 pm
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Cam F »

Nick+Co wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:54 am @Volbize: That is a good question! :) I should have written some notes here on this forum. For future detectives:
So the patch itself is a one byte change:

Code: Select all

003A4CB7: 4E 00
The Assembly it's changing is

Code: Select all

007A4CB2  |.  66:3D D407                                                   CMP AX,7D4    <---- here it is!!!!!!!!!!
007A4CB6  |.  7F 4E                                                        JG SHORT 007A4D06
^ This is taken from my notes, as you can see I was pretty excited to find what I was looking for.

Anyway, this patch is really for editors as it allows you to set a Future Transfer (in player_setup.cfg) way into the future. That, combined with other patches, could allow you to add a 1 year old Phil Foden in the standard 2001 game and have him do a future transfer to Man City in 2017 or something. Without this patch, the 7D4 refers to 2004 and any future transfer set after 2004 (or 3 years after the starting date if the exe has been date patch) would not work.
Yes this magic from Sir Nick allowed my 95 0102 to have future transfers up to 23 years in future so I could have Neymar, Harry Kane & Raheem Stirling.

So you can start of with Cantona all the way through to Messi to Neymar and have 40 plus year career game with players you know and love.
Volbize
Youth Team Player
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:24 pm
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Volbize »

Amazing indeed! Nick, you will one day be remembered as a Champ Man 0102 legend, alongside Mark Kerr or Julius Aghahowa. :D
Nick+Co wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:54 am @Volbize: That is a good question! :) I should have written some notes here on this forum. For future detectives:
So the patch itself is a one byte change:

Code: Select all

003A4CB7: 4E 00
The Assembly it's changing is

Code: Select all

007A4CB2  |.  66:3D D407                                                   CMP AX,7D4    <---- here it is!!!!!!!!!!
007A4CB6  |.  7F 4E                                                        JG SHORT 007A4D06
^ This is taken from my notes, as you can see I was pretty excited to find what I was looking for.

Anyway, this patch is really for editors as it allows you to set a Future Transfer (in player_setup.cfg) way into the future. That, combined with other patches, could allow you to add a 1 year old Phil Foden in the standard 2001 game and have him do a future transfer to Man City in 2017 or something. Without this patch, the 7D4 refers to 2004 and any future transfer set after 2004 (or 3 years after the starting date if the exe has been date patch) would not work.
Laudrup
Decent Young Player
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:59 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Laudrup »

Russta wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:33 pm
HaroldFinch wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:33 pm Can you also please share your exe file and Data folder? I can have a quick look into it if I have those as well.
Just to come back to this again, I remembered today that this kept occurring due to the 'Remove Stadium Limits' patch. Something about that seems to completely prevent any stadium expansion whatsoever. I had an inkling it was that and when another poster mentioned it as well I decided to start my next game without the patch on. Sure enough, never happened again.

My latest save has my Barnet team at 20,581 capacity with the latest database having capacity as 6500 with an expansion as 0. I'm not entirely sure what the patch aims to do in regards to what data is is changing. Honestly, I've never been sure what the expansion number is directly refering to. If the current capacity is 1000 with an expansion number of 10000, does that mean the max the stadium can go is 11000 or 10000? Barnet's stadium has an expansion of 0 so why was I able to effectively quadruple the capacity?
Russta if you ever come past a solution, please let me know :) In my latest games i've not used the stadium patches and all my stadium's has been exspanded without issues. So something must be wrong with the "Exspansion Tool". I remember that the JL patch could work 2 ways. Either it removed all stadium limits or it stopped all stadium exspansions. Maybe the wrong JL code is used? Best regards
User avatar
HaroldFinch
VIP
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:09 pm
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 243 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by HaroldFinch »

Maybe just don't use the patches if you don't get the issue with the patch not applied!
SonicGroove
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:43 pm

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by SonicGroove »

Lol I have no idea what's going on but since patching the game, Rennes are no longer in a league and the world cup is entirely populated with the team OLOT from the Spanish lower divisions :) where did it all go wrong for me?
Joster
Youth Team Player
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:05 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Joster »

Cam F wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:04 pm
Nick+Co wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:54 am @Volbize: That is a good question! :) I should have written some notes here on this forum. For future detectives:
So the patch itself is a one byte change:

Code: Select all

003A4CB7: 4E 00
The Assembly it's changing is

Code: Select all

007A4CB2  |.  66:3D D407                                                   CMP AX,7D4    <---- here it is!!!!!!!!!!
007A4CB6  |.  7F 4E                                                        JG SHORT 007A4D06
^ This is taken from my notes, as you can see I was pretty excited to find what I was looking for.

Anyway, this patch is really for editors as it allows you to set a Future Transfer (in player_setup.cfg) way into the future. That, combined with other patches, could allow you to add a 1 year old Phil Foden in the standard 2001 game and have him do a future transfer to Man City in 2017 or something. Without this patch, the 7D4 refers to 2004 and any future transfer set after 2004 (or 3 years after the starting date if the exe has been date patch) would not work.
Yes this magic from Sir Nick allowed my 95 0102 to have future transfers up to 23 years in future so I could have Neymar, Harry Kane & Raheem Stirling.

So you can start of with Cantona all the way through to Messi to Neymar and have 40 plus year career game with players you know and love.
And did you do all those future transfers by yourself or is there a patch / db for this?
Cam F
Backup Player
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:52 pm
Has thanked: 260 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Cam F »

Joster wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:18 am
Cam F wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:04 pm
Nick+Co wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:54 am @Volbize: That is a good question! :) I should have written some notes here on this forum. For future detectives:
So the patch itself is a one byte change:

Code: Select all

003A4CB7: 4E 00
The Assembly it's changing is

Code: Select all

007A4CB2  |.  66:3D D407                                                   CMP AX,7D4    <---- here it is!!!!!!!!!!
007A4CB6  |.  7F 4E                                                        JG SHORT 007A4D06
^ This is taken from my notes, as you can see I was pretty excited to find what I was looking for.

Anyway, this patch is really for editors as it allows you to set a Future Transfer (in player_setup.cfg) way into the future. That, combined with other patches, could allow you to add a 1 year old Phil Foden in the standard 2001 game and have him do a future transfer to Man City in 2017 or something. Without this patch, the 7D4 refers to 2004 and any future transfer set after 2004 (or 3 years after the starting date if the exe has been date patch) would not work.
Yes this magic from Sir Nick allowed my 95 0102 to have future transfers up to 23 years in future so I could have Neymar, Harry Kane & Raheem Stirling.

So you can start of with Cantona all the way through to Messi to Neymar and have 40 plus year career game with players you know and love.
And did you do all those future transfers by yourself or is there a patch / db for this?
Yes took fecking ages.

Yes in here - viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3229&start=75

but easier below -

9596 0102 DB
IT WILL NOT WORK ON THE STARTER KIT!!!
YOU NEED THE 0102 DISC - Unless you know how to mount it but I don't, so don't ask me, I use the disc.
Just decided to release it instead, as otherwise I will never stop adding to it but there has to be a cut off point so I have decided enough is enough.
Also attached a 200 speed exe I used for testing.
You will need to select all the leagues or the future transfers will fail, causing toddlers available as frees! The game is lightening all leagues anyway and very stable.
So this will only work for people who own the disc.
IT WILL NOT WORK ON THE STARTER KIT!!!
If you use the starter kit, you will need to wait until that is released after the new forum update.
Hope you enjoy, just in time for weekend games 🙂 https://www.sendspace.com/file/l3q1o6
Joster
Youth Team Player
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:05 pm
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Nick's CM0102Patcher (New version 16/04/22 17:10 GMT)

Post by Joster »

Woow, that's really cool! And do we need to select all the leagues as "selected" or is "background" enough?
Post Reply