how do i activate background images / cm 01 02

Moderator: Graphics Team

gamecerenimo
Youth Team Player

Post by gamecerenimo »

I created RGN files. https://prnt.sc/zCPSArISItlJ

I can't see the background images I added when I entered the game.

where am i doing wrong?
Fodster
Reserve Team Player

Post by Fodster »

Check the installation guide here: https://www.champman0102.net/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=3005

Step by Step Instructions
1) Download the background pack by clicking its filename in the opening post beneath 'Download Link'.
2) Once downloaded, click on the zip file and it will open in File Explorer.
3) Extract the contents to a preferred location on your device.
4) Open the folder and you will see a number of RGN files and a pcs.cfg file. Highlight all of these files and click 'Copy'.
5) Navigate to the 'Pictures' folder within your Championship Manager 2001/2002 directory. Usually located (unless you specified otherwise during the installation of the game) in 'This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Championship Manager 01-02'.
6) Inside the 'Pictures' folder, paste the files you copied in step 4.
7) You may be prompted with a 'Replace or Skip Files' message. Click 'Replace the files in the destination'.
8) You may be prompted with a 'Destination Folder Access Denied' error message. Tick the option 'Do this for all current items' then click 'Continue'.
9) Congratulations, you have installed the background pack!

gamecerenimo
Youth Team Player

Post by gamecerenimo »

Fodster wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:53 pm Check the installation guide here: https://www.champman0102.net/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=3005

Step by Step Instructions
1) Download the background pack by clicking its filename in the opening post beneath 'Download Link'.
2) Once downloaded, click on the zip file and it will open in File Explorer.
3) Extract the contents to a preferred location on your device.
4) Open the folder and you will see a number of RGN files and a pcs.cfg file. Highlight all of these files and click 'Copy'.
5) Navigate to the 'Pictures' folder within your Championship Manager 2001/2002 directory. Usually located (unless you specified otherwise during the installation of the game) in 'This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Championship Manager 01-02'.
6) Inside the 'Pictures' folder, paste the files you copied in step 4.
7) You may be prompted with a 'Replace or Skip Files' message. Click 'Replace the files in the destination'.
8) You may be prompted with a 'Destination Folder Access Denied' error message. Tick the option 'Do this for all current items' then click 'Continue'.
9) Congratulations, you have installed the background pack!

I want to create my own
Fodster
Reserve Team Player

Post by Fodster »

That's not what your first post says, you said you had trouble seeing them in the game
Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

Most important, take a backup or copy of your championshipmanager 0102/pictures folder incase you cock it up !!!!!
You need to create your image of the right size (800x600 is the default. 1280x800 the normal widescreen) using whatever tools you like and save the final picture as a .jpg .bmp or .png file
Once you have the image you want, use the tool in nick's patcher to convert it to a .rgn file.
Move that file to the pictures folder within Championship Manager 01-02 folder.
Update the pics.cfg file (in same folder) to include your new picture(s)