Manager Reputation

Moderator: Update Team (Director)

CMCZ
Update Team (Director)

Manager Reputation

Post by CMCZ »

Currently working at Manager Reputations and this is the current Top 80 Manager Reputations. Is anyone missing? Are there managers too high or too low? Let us know!

Remember it's reputation, so not if you think if they are good or not but how people (worldwide) think of these managers.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Manager Reputation

Post by Dermotron »

Southgate at 10 :?
CMCZ
Update Team (Director)

Manager Reputation

Post by CMCZ »

In my own opinion I think Berizzo, Henry, Hagi, Bilic and Queiroz shouldn't be in (anymore)
AMC
VIP

Manager Reputation

Post by AMC »

If Lampard and Henry are going to be in then Gerrard has to be as well, even if he is managing in Scotland his reputation is the same level as them two (obviously all three from their playing careers), and at least he's won a trophy as a manager unlike them two.
bruebous
Update Team (Director)

Manager Reputation

Post by bruebous »

Agree with AMC regarding Gerrard. I can see Liverpool signing him after Klopp leaves at some point. Also Pirlo in 20th looks weird. He had one job, and not even a good one.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Manager Reputation

Post by Dermotron »

van Gaal's rep is almost entirely in Holland these days.

Niko Kovac has a good club but he's an awful manager.

Additions to top 20 imo:
Christophe Galtier
Tite
Erik ten Hag
Julen Lopetegui
Jorge Jesus
Luciano Spalletti
Simone Inzaghi
Marcelo Bielsa

Additions to top 40 imo:
Jorge Sampaoli
Brendan Rodgers
Roger Schmidt
Kasper Hjulmand
Andrey Shevchenko (not just living off his player status, apparently incredibly driven)

Additions to top 80:
Vladimir Petkovic
Murat Yakin
John van 't Schip
Paulo Sousa
Dragan Stojkovic

Thierry Henry shouldn't be in the top 200 let alone top 8, his Monaco/Montreal jobs have ruined him already. Pirlo outside top 100. Lampard will get another chance but the level is hard to judge. Probably outside top 80. Roberto Moreno drop to under 70 (his rep is nearly all based off stepping in for Luis Enrique when his daughter passed away). Hagi is living on player rep, not been amazing as a manager.

Fernando Santos has a high profile job but he's pretty limited these days.

Roberto Martinez will struggle to get anything the level of Belgium/Everton after he's done at Belgium. An absolute luckbox

Dare I say Moyesy should be a little higher :shock:
CMCZ
Update Team (Director)

Manager Reputation

Post by CMCZ »

I will only response to the ones I disagree with, as for most comments I can totally agree with.
Dermotron wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:28 pm van Gaal's rep is almost entirely in Holland these days. Isn't it the other way around? Only in Great-Britain his reputation is damaged because of Man Utd but this was years ago. In Netherlands absolutely the number one, even far above ten Hag but not sure how he is seen in other countries. Imo not fair to still judge him at Man Utds time

Niko Kovac has a good club but he's an awful manager. Lower CA and Pa then maybe? Can lower his WR but with FC Bayern and Monaco he had some good clubs recently and to be fair didn't do so bad at all, especially Monaco

Additions to top 20 imo:
Erik ten Hag Better around place 30 imo. Last year not that good in Europe and will probably have a hard time this season battling with PSV
Jorge Jesus Had an awful year at Benfica, struggled hard and almost failed to get into the CL this year, for a number 3 in Portugal place 23 is more as fine imo

Additions to top 40 imo:
Roger Schmidt Some think he is a genius, some think he's bonkers. So I do think he is fine where he is
Andrey Shevchenko (not just living off his player status, apparently incredibly driven) Yet didn't impress at the Euro at all

Additions to top 80:
Murat Yakin Just started as manager of national team, was at Schaffhausen 2nd level in Switzerland just before.
John van 't Schip Greece has the poorest results in years. The team isn't that great but van 't Schip is performing very poorly imo
Mark
Chairman

Manager Reputation

Post by Mark »

Lampard definitely needs slashing. Is he holding out for a top flight job or is he not being given a chance anywhere?
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Manager Reputation

Post by Dermotron »

CMCZ wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:41 pm I will only response to the ones I disagree with, as for most comments I can totally agree with.
Dermotron wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:28 pm van Gaal's rep is almost entirely in Holland these days. Isn't it the other way around? Only in Great-Britain his reputation is damaged because of Man Utd but this was years ago. In Netherlands absolutely the number one, even far above ten Hag but not sure how he is seen in other countries. Imo not fair to still judge him at Man Utds time

Niko Kovac has a good club but he's an awful manager. Lower CA and Pa then maybe? Can lower his WR but with FC Bayern and Monaco he had some good clubs recently and to be fair didn't do so bad at all, especially Monaco
Nice input on the others, I'll stick with what I say on these 2. van Gaal's age is the reason for my opinion. He was essentially retired and is doing the Dutch FA a favour, he wouldn't work for any other reason but to help his country.

Niko Kovac is the reason Monaco aren't in the CL. He was rotating the squad after ONE GAME. I've watched all their games this year and he is clueless. In 3 of the games they didn't win their only attacking threat was Gelson Martins and he took him off each game. I mean it, he makes Martinez looks like Ottmar Hitzfeld. Definitely not worthy of top 50
Xeno
Patch Team

Manager Reputation

Post by Xeno »

Mancini is world class
Sarri is not superb
And you can think Ranieri and Brendan Rogers and Lucescu

There is a table of top100 managers ranking, but from Jan 2021.
https://www.givemesport.com/1644185-klo ... een-ranked
Last edited by Xeno on Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
* [TUTORIAL] How to install and run the game CM0102?> viewtopic.php?f=85&t=3571
Please use search bar for solution before posting your issue
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Manager Reputation

Post by Here2Win79 »

I'd have Ancelotti above Pochettino and Tuchel above Sarri. Tuchel has 2 CL finals whilst Sarri is notoriously difficult. Pochettino excels at... Finishing runner up.

In England, if every chairman had a blank slate, 19 of them would go for Rodgers or Moyes over Lampard or Ole and Arteta's CV would be straight in the bin. Only man utd would choose Ole. Lampard might get a high championship job based on his work with Derby, but I'm not sure he is going to get a prem job, wasn't mentioned for spurs or wolves, and didn't get crystal palace job despite allegedly being keen.

Gattuso has had a number of top10 serie a jobs regardless of his ability and was in the running for top10 england (spurs) so should have 'very good' rep imo to force the same level of offers in game. Vis a vis Pirlo, who has a higher rep but like Henry, lampard, arteta, may struggle to get back in.

I feel like villas boas should be at the lower end of good, he gets great jobs but has he made anything of any of them? So on the list because of the jobs he gets but much lower.

Not sure either about how high Martinez or Joachim Low are; Low would have big question marks at club level even if he hadn't run out of steam with Germany and Martinez has proven himself to be a mid table manager. Hassenhuttl for me is a guy who has a mid table club finishing mid table, I have to think across world football there are other managers who are exceeding expectations and not just barely meeting them.

Need a bit of tim Vickery advice as well, as domestic South American managers seem underrepresented
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Manager Reputation

Post by Here2Win79 »

Adding to the comments above re Gerrard I think he is a hard one to place. No one,other than us Scots, cares about his Scottish title; his European results have generally exceeded expectations but not this season; he's prob somewhere between 50-75% likely to get Liverpool job after klopp, which likely needs a superb or world class ranking to make happen in game but the highest possible ranking he could be given based on achievements would be a generous very good, allowing for his player reputation being a major factor in who he can recruit.

I'd guess if he is given very good in game, he'll move to the English prem pretty quickly due to the relative club and league reps, but at a mid table club (maybe replacing Mr average hassenhuttl at Southampton) then results would dictate if he got a better job after that.
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Manager Reputation

Post by Here2Win79 »

CMCZ wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:59 am In my own opinion I think Berizzo, Henry, Hagi, Bilic and Queiroz shouldn't be in (anymore)
Seconded on Bilic and Queiroz, plus Henry; don't know enough about the other two.
bruebous
Update Team (Director)

Manager Reputation

Post by bruebous »

Fernando Santos retire after season one every save, so wouldn't worry about him. Same with Scolari, that's why didn't coment about him. I probably would keep Tite as he is, maybe even lower. After WC he will surely return to Brazil, unless he wins the bloody thing. Then maybe a Scolari move to Portugal. But I don't see Brazil winning so...
AMC
VIP

Manager Reputation

Post by AMC »

Stefano Pioli missing too.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Manager Reputation

Post by Dermotron »

AMC wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:34 pm Stefano Pioli missing too.
He's there in 47th but could probably do with being higher up
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Manager Reputation

Post by Dermotron »

Xeno wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:15 pm Mancini is world class
Sarri is not superb
And you can think Ranieri and Brendan Rogers and Lucescu

Lucescu is a great shout
AMC
VIP

Manager Reputation

Post by AMC »

Dermotron wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:42 pm
AMC wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:34 pm Stefano Pioli missing too.
He's there in 47th but could probably do with being higher up
Not a clue how I missed that, I looked for his name and Milan :lol:
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Manager Reputation

Post by Dermotron »

It's a pain of list as it's who will get a certain job not who is the best. Gasperini would be top 10 on ability but he's probably at his limit, the underdogs seems to suit him. Jose Bordalas is another even though his ceiling is higher. It'll be interesting to see how he does in that Valencia shit show
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Manager Reputation

Post by Here2Win79 »

Xeno wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:15 pm

OFF TOPIC
That algorithm is deeply, deeply flawed; Martin O'Neill, Paul le Guen and the world's worst ever manager, ever, ever, Mark Hughes all in the top 100 over the last 4 years? Someone needs to take that software outside, put it in a dumpster fire, throw acid on the fire, then shoot it into space along with its programmers, who have clearly never watched a game of football in their lives. Le guen has a 33% win rate in the French second division, fighting against the might of Clermont Foot and Chambly. The programmers would be better holding up pictures of managers to Paul the Octopus and that octopus was turned into a delicious snack ten years ago.

I know you like a little poetry xeno so a simple haiku

My algorithm
Is it any good I ask
Computer says no
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Manager Reputation

Post by Redknapp69 »

I think Pep Lijnders is being primed for when Klopp goes. Stevie G has done well thus far but Celtic fell off a cliff but he did do rather well in Europe with Rangers last year. For sure a tough one to place. No doubt at some poit he'll probably manage Pool though

Agree on the Rodgers thing vs Arteta/Ole etc

Moyesy buying well at Hammers and feels like when he was at Everton - not great in between them jobs though (should have had more time at Utd)

Henry - agree with others

Southgate - WTF?!

Tuchel - needs to be higher - doing some fine stuff even though he does have an open chequebook at last 2 clubs

Agree on Pirlo and Lamps lower

Sheva - heard decent things as well. QF is decent in Euro's. I kow Sweden had 10 men but they got through. Then England just had more rest time than them so was never in their favour at all

Bielsa needs to be in there

Is Koeman gash? No idea if any good but thought I'd mention it

Graham Potter is growing his rep (not saying he should be in this list but one to keep an eye on)
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Manager Reputation

Post by Here2Win79 »

I'm not convinced Bielsa is top 20 material purely because he has had such a long career but none of the European clubs where winning means everything have hired him or in future look likely to hire him. The clubs who are on top and want to stay on top will hire someone else, and consistently have hired someone else over the past 20 years. So agree he should be high on that top 80 list but not sure Top 20, which is effectively the shortlist for next Man City, Real, PSG, etc manager in game. Bielsa's job offers would be the Argentinian national team (highest), the best Argentinian domestic teams, and then the chasing pack teams of Europe, ie the team might get into CL but no-one would expect them to win it level. Similar applies to Moyes because of his history; they can get a big club on a down cycle (Arsenal) or a challenger club on an up cycle (Leicester, West Ham), but not a big club on an up cycle (Chelsea, Man City), if that makes sense.
CMCZ
Update Team (Director)

Manager Reputation

Post by CMCZ »

Done
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Manager Reputation

Post by ebfatz »

I CANNOT believe that Steve Bruce is not on that top 100 list?! :? 8-)
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Manager Reputation

Post by Here2Win79 »

Seems we really need to hold our noses and completely discount ability here as Roberto Martinez is now favourite for the Barcelona job, which presumably makes his reputation 'superb'? 🤷