Question on game

We have provided installation instructions and FAQs for each of our downloads. Please take the time to read these then post in the relevant section if you have not found a solution for your issue.

Moderator: Technical Support Team

regenfix
Youth Team Player

Question on game

Post by regenfix »

I have several question .
1 someone can explain the trapani regen code? What meaning regen not incresing positioning ability?
2 i can patch the game with tapani 2.22 and Nick 2.18 at same time ?
3 how i can download lussemdorff database?
4 i install tapani and Nick, and with some misc patch for regen howeverbthe regen appers with bug in determination or another attributes but regen are many so many Better the original game
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Question on game

Post by Here2Win79 »

1. You probably need to go to the old site. My understanding is that in the original game , high pa players come back with terrible physical or mental attributes,making them useless, and regens have better positioning than the prev generation every generation, meaning eventually every player has great positioning, whilst high pa players run like 90 year olds
2. My understanding is that with the more recent databases, only nick and co patches work
3. Search for Lussenhoff. Not sure is on this site but probably the old site or on Facebook
Xeno
Patch Team

Question on game

Post by Xeno »

2. Yes, you can use first Tapani patch, then can use Nick patcher on Tapani patched exe.
Nick+Co
Patch Team

Question on game

Post by Nick+Co »

1. This is the thread to read to understand the problem: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5310 (we should probably compile the details and copy it to the new forum)
2. As per Xeno you can - but why you would do that I don't know :) Just use my patcher
3. https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/DataUpdates/ <--- I keep an archive of almost all data updates (search for Luessenhoff)
4. Not sure I understand the problem or exactly what you are saying I'm afraid
Xeno
Patch Team

Question on game

Post by Xeno »

Nick+Co wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:40 am 1. This is the thread to read to understand the problem: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5310 (we should probably compile the details and copy it to the new forum)
2. As per Xeno you can - but why you would do that I don't know :) Just use my patcher
3. https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/DataUpdates/ <--- I keep an archive of almost all data updates (search for Luessenhoff)
4. Not sure I understand the problem or exactly what you are saying I'm afraid
Hi Nick , may be we discuss in more details and may be this not the best place to discuss. But,
There are some missing Tapani patches and Tapani's improvement patches in your patcher. I dont have and dont know these. For me, they are good and improvements to clear some visible and rare bugs. And Saturn built his patched exe's on these Tapani patches.
But, if you think reverse about it and see any risks , please you can give more details so that I can understand that no need Tapani patch any more.
Nick+Co
Patch Team

Question on game

Post by Nick+Co »

@Xeno: Oh I'm sure - but that's why I ask. If people said "Oh I want Tapani's patch because it has feature X" then I could reverse engineer it and include it. But I don't include all of Tapani's changes verbatim because they cause too many crashes - so only have included parts that are really useful and really needed.

I stopped looking into helping people's saved games that were crashing if they were patched with Tapani as they'd always be crashing in Tapani's code in some really bizarre ways.

Long story short, I only include code/patches in my Patcher if I understand all the code - so I don't copy over all of Tapani's parts because I haven't had the chance to learn every part and what it does. So if folk want to patch with Tapani still that's fine, but then, with Tapani not around, they have no one that can support it/them.
Xeno
Patch Team

Question on game

Post by Xeno »

Thanks Nick for your patcher as you said it covers useful parts of Tapani patch which we know. Also , although I know there are some missing Tapani patches in your patcher , I dont have these codes .
Actually, for a long time, I did not see anybody who searches for support for a saved game problem which is patched with Tapani 2.21 or Tapani 2.22 . If any, I can support if you send it to me.
I think most of the problems are caused by year patching in Tapani patcher . Some years patching are more safe than others.
Nick+Co
Patch Team

Question on game

Post by Nick+Co »

I did not see anybody who searches for support for a saved game problem which is patched with Tapani 2.21 or Tapani 2.22 . If any, I can support if you send it to me.
That's because you can't see my PMs :) But will definitely send them your way in the future! Although admittedly it's far fewer these days.
I think most of the problems are caused by year patching in Tapani patcher . Some years patching are more safe than others.
Possibly - when it crashes you can get weird results - but it's often in very non-year related code (normally competition code)
Xeno
Patch Team

Question on game

Post by Xeno »

Nick+Co wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:16 pm That's because you can't see my PMs :) But will definitely send them your way in the future! Although admittedly it's far fewer these days.
Better you ask them to post their issues in related thread so that everybody can follow.
Nick+Co
Patch Team

Question on game

Post by Nick+Co »

(folk don't like to as they use their real name on their saves...so don't want to post them publicly, etc)
John Locke
Patch Team

Question on game

Post by John Locke »

Nick+Co wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:19 pm Long story short, I only include code/patches in my Patcher if I understand all the code - so I don't copy over all of Tapani's parts because I haven't had the chance to learn every part and what it does. So if folk want to patch with Tapani still that's fine, but then, with Tapani not around, they have no one that can support it/them.
Drunk thought: maybe we should try and reverse engineer his patch to figure out everything it does? How hard can it be? (LOL). But seriously, a long-term project might yield results. I haven't looked at Olly (or my Java code) much recently but it might be something to come back to when I'm bored.