CM Editor freeze - Access violation at address 0057762FE

We have provided installation instructions and FAQs for each of our downloads. Please take the time to read these then post in the relevant section if you have not found a solution for your issue.

Moderator: Technical Support Team

NathMac87
Youth Team Player

Post by NathMac87 »

Has anyone had any issues with Editor after downloading April 2021 database? Soon as click on a couple of things it just freezes
Xeno
Patch Team

Editor freeze

Post by Xeno »

What is your editor version?
NathMac87
Youth Team Player

Editor freeze

Post by NathMac87 »

Erm… all i did was download April 2021 and run it as administrator, new database loads up but freezes.
Xeno
Patch Team

Editor freeze

Post by Xeno »

You run your cmeditor on cm data folder after copying April2021 data update files into you cm data folder or just on April2021 data update download folder ?
NathMac87
Youth Team Player

Editor freeze

Post by NathMac87 »

Run it on the download folder..
NathMac87
Youth Team Player

Editor freeze

Post by NathMac87 »

Ok mate, thank you for your help 🤙🏻
Xeno
Patch Team

Editor freeze

Post by Xeno »

NathMac87 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:06 am Run it on the download folder..
After copy update data onto 3.9.68 database in cm data folder, you can run editor on cm data folder.
NathMac87
Youth Team Player

Editor freeze

Post by NathMac87 »

Access violation at address 0057762FE in module, that what i get if i click anywhere on editor.

Apologies I’m not v good with all this 🤦🏻‍♂️
Xeno
Patch Team

Post by Xeno »

NathMac87 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:26 pm Access violation at address 0057762FE in module, that what i get if i click anywhere on editor.

Apologies I’m not v good with all this 🤦🏻‍♂️
You are right for April2021 database update, it is not a fault, it is a cmeditor bug. Because Arse mode is selected from database special options. You see this error ' Access violation at address 0057762FE ' only after you go to Cfg menu page ( staff config ). If you dont go to Cfg menu page , you will not see this error.
Solution: From cmeditor top menu , you go to Tools> Options> Special , untick Arse and Preset Tactic options, then save and close and re-open April database. You will not see error again even you go to Cfg menu page.
NathMac87
Youth Team Player

Editor freeze

Post by NathMac87 »

Hero!! All sorted now
Modano
Decent Young Player

Post by Modano »

So the same problem appeared to me, while I was editing the db, but in my case it was at address "004167DF" in module.

How can I solve it? I've checked if I can use Xeno's solution, but Arse and Preset Tactic options are already unticked. What else I can do? Still the editor works while I try to load another db.
HaroldFinch
Reserve Team Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

Modano wrote: ↑Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:32 am So the same problem appeared to me, while I was editing the db, but in my case it was at address "004167DF" in module.

How can I solve it? I've checked if I can use Xeno's solution, but Arse and Preset Tactic options are already unticked. What else I can do? Still the editor works while I try to load another db.
I know it is an obvious answer, but are you definitely running the editor as admin? Could be worth getting hold of another version of the editor if possible, to see if you get the same issue.
Modano
Decent Young Player

Post by Modano »

HaroldFinch wrote: ↑Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:45 am
Modano wrote: ↑Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:32 am So the same problem appeared to me, while I was editing the db, but in my case it was at address "004167DF" in module.

I know it is an obvious answer, but are you definitely running the editor as admin? Could be worth getting hold of another version of the editor if possible, to see if you get the same issue.
Yeah, I remember the exact moment when this error appeared for the first time. I've added a new player to the db, then I deleted him because I discovered he already is in the database, and right after this error showed up. And the editor works with every other database I try to load.
HaroldFinch
Reserve Team Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

Modano wrote: ↑Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:54 am
HaroldFinch wrote: ↑Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:45 am

Yeah, I remember the exact moment when this error appeared for the first time. I've added a new player to the db, then I deleted him because I discovered he already is in the database, and right after this error showed up. And the editor works with every other database I try to load.
That's weird! Have you validated the database using cmdbsort? viewtopic.php?f=77&t=3021
Might be an option, given that it sounds like it is a data issue.
Xeno
Patch Team

Post by Xeno »

I remember that I saw an error like 004167DF in cmeditor. Same as you, I saw it after adding and deleting some data and then validating it. This database is corrupted and can not be used again as player names and nation of names are mixed after validating. I dont know solution currently.
Modano
Decent Young Player

Post by Modano »

Xeno wrote: ↑Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:07 pm

I remember that I saw an error like 004167DF in cmeditor. Same as you, I saw it after adding and deleting some data and then validating it. This database is corrupted and can not be used again as player names and nation of names are mixed after validating. I dont know solution currently.
Thanks! It's not a good news, but at least I've learned something. For instance, to make a backup every time I finish my work in the editor :( Damn, I've lost progress I made during the weekend on my retro db project...

Btw., this error occurred right after I deleted new data, I couldn't even validate it. Maybe this information will be useful some day for anybody...
Xeno
Patch Team

Post by Xeno »

This is Dermotron's suggestion when facing names problem in db , but I did not try as I have a previous backup, may be you can try:

The technique I used to clean the data, find the 0 counts (Filter > Count = 0 & Comparing Using > =) , add 1, save, export with Transfer Tool, remove the players without a '1', remove the [None], save, import, filter the '1's and delete. It seems to have cleared up all the common names with no nation which appeared to be where the error occurred. There's should be no major issues using validate database every session from not I'd imagine. The only thing I'm not sure has changed are player/staff preferences. They usually get messed up if the first, second & common name has an error or overwrite (filters are very buggy in CM0102ed - but it's still the most stable editor there is)

Hopefully this makes sense