Game Crashing

We have provided installation instructions and FAQs for each of our downloads. Please take the time to read these then post in the relevant section if you have not found a solution for your issue.

Moderator: Technical Support Team

likewiseteddy
Trialist

Game Crashing

Post by likewiseteddy »

Thought Starter Kit meant no Patches or updates but in that case not running Starter kit either
likewiseteddy
Trialist

Game Crashing

Post by likewiseteddy »

HaroldFinch wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:45 pm
likewiseteddy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:57 pm I've been playing as Cambridge - using the original database, no updates or patches. I'm now in my fourth season. At first the game crashed from time to time but now it's crashing everytime when I press Continue Game (date 1 october 2006). I've tried to run it as administrator, made sure it's set to Windows XP service pack 3. I cleared out my manager notes as well. Read through the forum to get som tips.

You need to list what update you are using. Original
What year did you start the game in, ie 2001 as it does automatically or you picked a year using a patch England 2001
What leagues you have active Everyone on background - England as active
What patches you have on or if you run thru starter kit Starter kit
Confirm you are definitely running as admin every time Yes
Confirm whether you have used a save game editor on the save No

Help appreciated!

Regards,
Johan
So you've just run it on the Starter Kit without using Nick's Patcher at all? I.e. you selected the "Standard Version" on the Play menu? Also, how did you run it as admin with Windows XP compatibility? What file did you change?
I haven't downloaded Nick's Patcher, haven't downloaded any patch. Yes, I've tried to run as administrator with Windows XP. Haven't changed any file.
My save:
HaroldFinch
VIP

Game Crashing

Post by HaroldFinch »

I asked about Nick's Patcher as you said you had the Starter Kit. But I can see that is all irrelevant now.
smalls51286
Youth Team Player

Game Crashing

Post by smalls51286 »

Nick+Co wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:24 pm @danny_bhoy: Never seen that crash before - but it's possible to protect against it so I've made a patch that will do just that (and will most likely be included in the patcher in the future as a protection patch).

Patch your exe with this patch: https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/danny ... atch.patch
(Download it, open the patcher, select your exe, click Tools -> Apply patchfile...)

That will stop the crash you were seeing at the very least - if it then crashes again a year later I don't know :) But one step at a time!

@smalls: Hadn't seen your post before - if you upload your saved game, your cm0102.exe and your Data directory somewhere I can take a look
@Nick&co here are the files as requested, thank you for taking the time to have a look -

https://easyupload.io/1fqw7k

https://easyupload.io/cktcnp
Nick+Co
Patch Team

Game Crashing

Post by Nick+Co »

@smalls: You haven't managed to upload your Data directory and CM0102.exe - you have just uploaded your shortcut link to it I'm afraid.

Have you added any additional other patches or Misc Patches that might affect the German Cup or similar?