GPF2 - Generated Player Finder 2 Queries

We have provided installation instructions and FAQs for each of our downloads. Please take the time to read these then post in the relevant section if you have not found a solution for your issue.

Moderator: Technical Support Team

CMMM1610
Youth Team Player

GPF2 - Generated Player Finder 2 Queries

Post by CMMM1610 »

Can anyone help please.
I have downloaded GPF2 and when I attempt to load a relevant Save file from my game it tells me "Save game MUST be uncompressed"
What do I do?
thank you!
Deleted User 211

GPF2 Problems

Post by Deleted User 211 »

There is a setting in CM0102 called "Save Compressed" which you need to set to no. And then re-save your game.
Trengt

GPF2 - Generated Player Finder 2

Post by Trengt »

Hi

Is it only for games created with the updates from April 2021, where this program works.

I've used it in a game from a previous update and nothing really happens.
Deleted User 211

GPF2 - Generated Player Finder 2

Post by Deleted User 211 »

Sounds like you might not be using it properly. You need to take a snapshot of the game in GPF2 as early as you can after creating it, so the tool has a record of all the players in the database, and their attributes, etc. Then when you have regens appear, you should be able to load up your savegame in GPF2, and it will then compare it to the original snapshot to attempt to match up the regens to the original players.
joshualane92

regen finder

Post by joshualane92 »

ive downloaded the regen finder and i keep getting the error message gamesave must be uncompressed... how do i fix this problem? cheers
KarlPilkington
Youth Team Player

regen finder

Post by KarlPilkington »

There's an option in game settings to turn off save game compression. Turn that off > save your game and the regen finder should work.
HaroldFinch
VIP

regen finder

Post by HaroldFinch »

Just remember it will only be able to find regens of players that are still playing when you first run the tool. Not regens of players that have already retired. You'd have to try to somehow figure them out manually.
skip11

Regen finder error

Post by skip11 »

I'm currently using gpf2 but everytime I try to load a game it says the saved game file must be uncompressed. Anyone has any solution?
HaroldFinch
VIP

Regen finder error

Post by HaroldFinch »

Change the in-game option "Save Compressed" to no, and then re-save your game.
tsingman
Trialist

GPF 2 error

Post by tsingman »

Hello. I downloaded the GPF finder tool and when i try to run it it says that the save game must be uncompressed. Any ideas how to resolve this?
HaroldFinch
VIP

GPF 2 error

Post by HaroldFinch »

tsingman wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:27 am Hello. I downloaded the GPF finder tool and when i try to run it it says that the save game must be uncompressed. Any ideas how to resolve this?
Check out my post above ^^
Rossco84
Youth Team Player

GPF2 Queries

Post by Rossco84 »

Have been using GPF2 for a bit now with no problems but this morning it has just stopped working.

i get a compressed (zipped) folders error tab pop up with the *Windows cannot complete the extraction, the destination file could not be created* message.

Has anyone had this before and managed to fix it?

Many thanks.
Fodster
Backup Player

GPF2 Queries

Post by Fodster »

Just redownload it, could have corrupted some how
ike2112

Issue using Generated Player Finder 2

Post by ike2112 »

I am having difficulty using the player finder for Regens, the tool in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2720

When I select my save game, the popup states "SaveGame MUST be uncompressed"

Is there some additional step I need to carry out?
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Post by Here2Win79 »

If you look at the game settings there is an option to save game uncompressed
ike2112

Post by ike2112 »

Ah Yes... thank you.

Although I'm not sure its really working correctly, or perhaps my expectation is incorrect.

The reason I was looking for it was that I was struggling to find some obvious regens - Patrick Mboma and Alex Aguinaga for example; there aren't many Cameroonian strikers or Ecuadorian AM/F C in the game... but a year or two after their retirement, there doesn't appear to be regens of them in the game.

So I figured this finder would help. But I just can't seem to get it to find anyone - even using the obvious example of Mark Hughes; he isn't listed? But I know he's in the game, as I already found the usual Welsh DM/S C...

EDIT

And actually if I reverse-search the guy I know is Mark Hughes, it has his new/Regen name on both sides. Does the finder only work if you run it within the first year of the regen? I'm 4 years in I think in this game...

HaroldFinch
VIP

GPF2 Queries

Post by HaroldFinch »

It only works for players who have yet to retire when you first run the application.
ike2112

GPF2 Queries

Post by ike2112 »

HaroldFinch wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:34 am It only works for players who have yet to retire when you first run the application.
Ok, so open game and run it so it picks up the full initial database...

Then run it again 2 seasons down the line to see who everyone turned into?
HaroldFinch
VIP

GPF2 Queries

Post by HaroldFinch »

ike2112 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:08 pm
HaroldFinch wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:34 am It only works for players who have yet to retire when you first run the application.
Ok, so open game and run it so it picks up the full initial database...

Then run it again 2 seasons down the line to see who everyone turned into?
Yep pretty much. When I've used it, I run it as soon as I have created my save game, which generates a .gpf2 file next to your save file. So if your save game is called "Arsenal.sav" then it creates a new file next to it called "Arsenal.sav.gpf2". Whenever you run GPF2 after this, it compares the current state of your save game to that initial file, which is how it is able to work out which regens belong to which original players.