MAC Problems & Queries

We have provided installation instructions and FAQs for each of our downloads. Please take the time to read these then post in the relevant section if you have not found a solution for your issue.
HaroldFinch
Squad Rotation Player

Re: MAC Problems & Queries

Post by HaroldFinch »

22Miller22 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:01 am Hello,

Long time fan, trying to return to a favourite childhood game. I am having some problems installing with a MacBook.

I have the game installed using CrossOver and a Windows 98 bottle. Everything seems to work, except when the game loads it errors and says "Unable to initialize the graphics in full screen mode - please ensure that DirectX has been installed correctly and that your graphics adaptor supports 800 x 600 pixel resolution in 16 but colour". I am 90% sure I have DirectX installed through the original installation. I am on a MacBook Pro M1 2020 IoS 12.5.1. Any ideas would be amazing.

Thank you in advance!
Put https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/ddraw.dll in your CM folder within the bottle you created and see if that helps.
endlessxcircle
Youth Team Player

Post by endlessxcircle »

HaroldFinch wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:51 am
22Miller22 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:01 am Hello,

Long time fan, trying to return to a favourite childhood game. I am having some problems installing with a MacBook.

I have the game installed using CrossOver and a Windows 98 bottle. Everything seems to work, except when the game loads it errors and says "Unable to initialize the graphics in full screen mode - please ensure that DirectX has been installed correctly and that your graphics adaptor supports 800 x 600 pixel resolution in 16 but colour". I am 90% sure I have DirectX installed through the original installation. I am on a MacBook Pro M1 2020 IoS 12.5.1. Any ideas would be amazing.

Thank you in advance!
Put https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/ddraw.dll in your CM folder within the bottle you created and see if that helps.
Have the same issue as @22Miller22 when trying to get the game running. Tried your solution of putting the ddraw.dll into the CM bottle created and still getting the same error upon startup. Even tried putting inside the data folder within the CM folder of the bottle and no luck.

Did install the game into a Crossover bottle with the "Install Direct X" option unticked, as suggested from other guides. Might try installing it with the DX option selected.

Running on a 2021 M1 with Ventura 13.5.
falconieras

playonmac nicks patcher

Post by falconieras »

Hey all,

I can run cm0102 with new database fine, I also have the SI latest game patch.
but I can't seem to get nicks patcher installed on playonmac.

it always gives an error that it couldn't be installed.

can anybody explain or help out please?

thanks
HaroldFinch
Squad Rotation Player

Re: playonmac nicks patcher

Post by HaroldFinch »

It requires Microsoft .NET to run, so you'd need to install that somehow.
waltonmark84
Youth Team Player

Post by waltonmark84 »

HaroldFinch wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:19 pm It requires Microsoft .NET to run, so you'd need to install that somehow.
Just use the JB starter kit to play. You don’t need play on Mac etc, it just works on Mac OS. It also has all the patchers you’ll need
HaroldFinch
Squad Rotation Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

waltonmark84 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:56 pm
HaroldFinch wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:19 pm It requires Microsoft .NET to run, so you'd need to install that somehow.
Just use the JB starter kit to play. You don’t need play on Mac etc, it just works on Mac OS. It also has all the patchers you’ll need
Why are you telling me? :lol:
endlessxcircle
Youth Team Player

Post by endlessxcircle »

Can anyone help regarding previously mentioned error when trying to run the game;
"Unable to initialize the graphics in full screen mode - please ensure that DirectX has been installed correctly and that your graphics adaptor supports 800 x 600 pixel resolution in 16 but colour".

Using Crossover on a 2021 MacBook Pro M1.
ghiman

MAC HELP PLEASE!!

Post by ghiman »

Right, I have spent about 4 hours trying to get CM0102 onto my MacBook Air.

I have tried the windows players for mac, I have tried John Betts starter kit, and the bit where you have to type in the long code isn't working either.

There must be an easier FREE way to download this game onto my app. Can someone please help as I am getting so frustrated with it :(

If anyone really knows how to help then please feel free to private message as I have tried following the tutorials and they simply don't work.

Thanks in advance for helping a MAC rookie. I just want to sign to madeira again. :)
endlessxcircle
Youth Team Player

Post by endlessxcircle »

endlessxcircle wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:49 am Can anyone help regarding previously mentioned error when trying to run the game;
"Unable to initialize the graphics in full screen mode - please ensure that DirectX has been installed correctly and that your graphics adaptor supports 800 x 600 pixel resolution in 16 but colour".

Using Crossover on a 2021 MacBook Pro M1.
Have managed to get the game loading in windowed mode via command line "-windowed".

Still no luck trying to get the game in fullscreen however, and windowed mode itself is too small to realistically play properly. Tried to use "-full_screen" command line when running but get hit with the same error as quoted above.
HaroldFinch
Squad Rotation Player

Re: MAC HELP PLEASE!!

Post by HaroldFinch »

ghiman wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:43 pm Right, I have spent about 4 hours trying to get CM0102 onto my MacBook Air.

I have tried the windows players for mac, I have tried John Betts starter kit, and the bit where you have to type in the long code isn't working either.

There must be an easier FREE way to download this game onto my app. Can someone please help as I am getting so frustrated with it :(

If anyone really knows how to help then please feel free to private message as I have tried following the tutorials and they simply don't work.

Thanks in advance for helping a MAC rookie. I just want to sign to madeira again. :)
Use a Windows virtual machine if you can't get the Starter Kit working. It's the next easiest solution.
Mickeystewart

Cm01/02 Mac with parallels

Post by Mickeystewart »

I’m after some help as new to this, I used to love this game back in the day and would like to now see if it’s possible to play again

I currently have a MacBook Pro 2023 running apple M2 pro

I also run windows 11 on parallels on the Mac

I was wondering if there is an easy way of installing this game on this platform?

Thanks in advance
markmidd5071

Re: Championship Manager 2001/2002 - Official Download and Installation FAQ

Post by markmidd5071 »

Hi guys

Im struggling right from the start here on a Macbook, i dont have a disk drive and when i click on the iso file i have no option to mount, is there a way around this?
Mickeystewart

Removed….

Post by Mickeystewart »

Where has my post gone???

Asking about how to play the game on a Mac with parallels
Xeno
Patch Team

Re: Removed….

Post by Xeno »

Mickeystewart wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:17 am Where has my post gone???

Asking about how to play the game on a Mac with parallels
Here
HaroldFinch
Squad Rotation Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

If you already have Parallels running, just install it on that.
endlessxcircle
Youth Team Player

Post by endlessxcircle »

Has anyone using an Apple M1/M2 chipset device actually had success getting CM 01/02 to work properly through either Crossover or Play on Mac?
darrensmith360

Post by darrensmith360 »

Hi guys, trying to install the Mac starter kit on my MacBook Pro. downloaded and left in downloads, opened terminal and copied/pasted the command as suggested on JonBetts guide but it comes up 'no such file exists on terminal' leading to damaged message when opening.

I have never moved my downloads folder, does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Or how to troubleshoot.
HaroldFinch
Squad Rotation Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

All that suggests is that either your downloads folder isn't the same as the default, so just write the correct folder name in the command. Or you've changed the name of the file. Or your browser has automatically unzipped the file because you've clicked on it. So that's for you to determine and take appropriate action.

Or just install a Windows virtual machine and install the game the normal way.
wiggywall

Post by wiggywall »

Morning all,

Has anyone experienced an error when trying to load a custom database such as Oct 2023 as a zip file using the "load custom database" button?

I am getting "unhanded exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the applicationwill ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. \n\nCompressed size mismatch between central header (135) and local header(0).

Cheers in advance!
Beastmode888
Youth Team Player

Re: Cm01/02 Mac with parallels

Post by Beastmode888 »

Mickeystewart wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:43 pm I’m after some help as new to this, I used to love this game back in the day and would like to now see if it’s possible to play again

I currently have a MacBook Pro 2023 running apple M2 pro

I also run windows 11 on parallels on the Mac

I was wondering if there is an easy way of installing this game on this platform?

Thanks in advance
Any success?

Seems like m2 needs the windows ARM version.
Beastmode888
Youth Team Player

Post by Beastmode888 »

endlessxcircle wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:24 am Has anyone using an Apple M1/M2 chipset device actually had success getting CM 01/02 to work properly through either Crossover or Play on Mac?
Any luck with this?
endlessxcircle
Youth Team Player

Post by endlessxcircle »

Beastmode888 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:10 pm
endlessxcircle wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:24 am Has anyone using an Apple M1/M2 chipset device actually had success getting CM 01/02 to work properly through either Crossover or Play on Mac?
Any luck with this?
Nope, I ended up going down the path of installing Parallels and Windows 11.
Beastmode888
Youth Team Player

Post by Beastmode888 »

endlessxcircle wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:42 am
Any luck with this?
Seems like the only option.

I have another question, when you download windows 11 through parallels, does it give you the full windows download? Or it's incorporated in parallels?
HaroldFinch
Squad Rotation Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

endlessxcircle
Youth Team Player

Post by endlessxcircle »

Beastmode888 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:24 am
endlessxcircle wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:42 am

Any luck with this?
Seems like the only option.

I have another question, when you download windows 11 through parallels, does it give you the full windows download? Or it's incorporated in parallels?
All incorporated, check the link HaroldFinch posted above.

You'll need a windows serial still, just keep that in mind.

Other than that there may be some resolution issues when running CM 01/02 initially, but they're solvable by using compatibility mode (Right click on cm0102.exe > properties > compatibility tab and change the following;
- run in compatibility mode (Win 7)
- disable fullscreen optimisation

and then click on > change high DPI settings > high DPI scaling override > and select application

I am however also using Nicks Patcher with 1280x800 resolution selected, the above may not necessarily apply if using the default 800x600 resolution.