6%
Xeno
29%

Total votes: 17

riise
Awards Team

Member of the Month - September 2021

Post by riise »

At the beginning of each month, a new thread will appear where members can put forward their nominations for who they think have been an integral part of the community in the previous month. Who will you be nominating?

Please put forward ONE nomination and why you feel that particular member should be named 'Member of the Month'.

Nominations can be for a number of activities ranging from scouting for the update teams, writing a story, running competitions, releasing a popular download or even just helping to 'Keep the Game Alive' by being a regular poster.

After a week, the nominations are then put to a vote to the community where the winner will receive unique status as 'Member of the Month'. It should go without saying that you cannot vote for yourself!

A full list of winners since the MotM award was introduced to the community can be accessed here.
Alias47
Reserve Team Player

Post by Alias47 »

Well last month we had a member of the update team win and I'm guessing next month when the new update is released a member of the update team will win again so in the mean time I'll throw a new name into the mix to keep things fresh and nominate Wilsonormesby who has been going through the old "Talents" threads for previous updates and adding names of players to watch out for in those said older updates. Now if you ever go back and play an older DB you can check in on the best players in the update thanks to Wilsonormesby.
AMC
Official Challenge Team

Post by AMC »

Kingsley, multiple updates to his story and some how he hasn’t won this for nearly 7 years!
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

I'd also take someone from the stories section and say samsami.

Daily updates to his story. Great commitment.
HaroldFinch
Reserve Team Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

I'm going to nominate Xeno this month. He's probably the only one of the technical wizards that logs onto the forum most days (no disrespect at all to anyone else - we all have lives!), and is always trying to help people on the Technical Support forum, whilst still keeping the technical threads updated too. As I'm on a new account, I no longer have access to the private Patch team threads, but I'm sure he's just as useful and helpful there as well!
riise
Awards Team

Post by riise »

I'm going for Redknapp69. Could be nominated any month really for all that he does all the time - scouting, eBay, story engagement etc.

A couple more days for nominations before poll goes up.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

The person I will vote for this month has already been nominated but will throw some shout outs to Spectral for running CML and Riise (no kissing @ss for the nom!) for some fine scouting in the preview save/elsewhere but I'll throw another hat into the ring as a nom for Here2Win79 who has done some superb scouting (and a LOT of it) in very obscure places to improve the DB
Fodster
Hot Prospect for the Future

Post by Fodster »

Spectral for me for CML
riise
Awards Team

Post by riise »

Poll is up now, for a week. 7 to choose from, for quite a variety of reasons!
HaroldFinch
Reserve Team Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

Neck and neck as we head into the final lap!
riise
Awards Team

Post by riise »

It was a close race but Redknapp69 just nicks it by one vote - congratulations to him on his first Member of the Month award for over a year! Well deserved for a very valuable member of the forum.

Well done to all nominated of course, and thanks to those who took the time to nominate/vote. Though it's a little disappointing to see a couple without votes - if you nominate them you should vote for them!
AMC
Official Challenge Team

Post by AMC »

Congrats Redders, commiserations to everyone else.
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Post by Here2Win79 »

Well done redders!
HaroldFinch
Reserve Team Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

riise wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:56 am It was a close race but Redknapp69 just nicks it by one vote - congratulations to him on his first Member of the Month award for over a year! Well deserved for a very valuable member of the forum.

Well done to all nominated of course, and thanks to those who took the time to nominate/vote. Though it's a little disappointing to see a couple without votes - if you nominate them you should vote for them!
Looks like Redders was one of those that nominated but didn't vote for his nominee. I think we need an independent adjudicator to investigate if that winning vote was his own :lol:

P.S. Well done Redders :D
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

HaroldFinch wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:01 am
riise wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:56 am It was a close race but Redknapp69 just nicks it by one vote - congratulations to him on his first Member of the Month award for over a year! Well deserved for a very valuable member of the forum.

Looks like Redders was one of those that nominated but didn't vote for his nominee. I think we need an independent adjudicator to investigate if that winning vote was his own :lol:

Cheers all - for me Xeno should have won this hands down for last month and he got my vote

I did say that in my post (as someone else nominated him and I voted for him) but I threw some love out to a few other members with Heretowin79 getting my other nom

Some stupendous work being done by all at the moment with the update team working like badgers and some brilliant "heat" online (great work Ebfatz) on the recent 20th birthday of this fantastic game!

KUTGW everyone! :ok: :)
Xeno
Patch Team

Post by Xeno »

Redknapp69 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:11 am
HaroldFinch wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:01 am

Cheers all - for me Xeno should have won this hands down for last month and he got my vote

I did say that in my post (as someone else nominated him and I voted for him) but I threw some love out to a few other members with Heretowin79 getting my other nom

Some stupendous work being done by all at the moment with the update team working like badgers and some brilliant "heat" online (great work Ebfatz) on the recent 20th birthday of this fantastic game!

KUTGW everyone! :ok: :)
Congrats Redders
Thanks for who vote to all
Btw, I have been around here for several years and never won :)
CMCZ
Update Team (Director)

Post by CMCZ »

Xeno wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:39 am

Congrats Redders
Never winning an MotM-award doesn't mean you are not appreciated. Just going through your last posts, shows me an user who is a massive help for a lot of other users. This kind of help makes the users, and especially the more unexperienced users coming back to this page. You are doing great.
HaroldFinch
Reserve Team Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

CMCZ wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:35 pm

Congrats Redders
Never winning an MotM-award doesn't mean you are not appreciated. Just going through your last posts, shows me an user who is a massive help for a lot of other users. This kind of help makes the users, and especially the more unexperienced users coming back to this page. You are doing great.
This is precisely why I nominated Xeno this month :)
Xeno
Patch Team

Post by Xeno »

CMCZ wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:35 pm

Congrats Redders
If I need to be appreciated , I will not be here :)
Everybody is doing what they can do and what they want. And most important thing is that everybody shares what they can do and what they want without any judgement.