26%
SteveHarle
9%

Total votes: 23

riise
Community Team

Member of the Month - October 2021

Post by riise »

At the beginning of each month, a new thread will appear where members can put forward their nominations for who they think have been an integral part of the community in the previous month. Who will you be nominating?

Please put forward ONE nomination and why you feel that particular member should be named 'Member of the Month'.

Nominations can be for a number of activities ranging from scouting for the update teams, writing a story, running competitions, releasing a popular download or even just helping to 'Keep the Game Alive' by being a regular poster.

After a week, the nominations are then put to a vote to the community where the winner will receive unique status as 'Member of the Month'. It should go without saying that you cannot vote for yourself!

A full list of winners since the MotM award was introduced to the community can be accessed here.
Alias47
Reserve Team Player

Post by Alias47 »

Suggestion, and it's just a suggestion of course, but how about listing all of the update team individually as the poll this month? And then anyone can comment on how/why they're voting for that particular member of the update team if they wish. We all know someone from the update team will win this month (deservedly so, not being snarky) so how about listing the whole team and then people can vote as they see fit. I'm in favour of this because I don't even really know who the update team consists of other than Dermotron and that's only because it's his thread the update is released in. And for the last few months I've been trying to nominate new names who haven't won before so I'd personally like to vote for an update team member who has never won the award before...does that make sense?

Sorry there's a bit of waffle going on in there - not going to lie it's Monday night I've had a few Stella watching Everton blunder their way through another 90 minutes at Molineux.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Decent idea above and for sure be good for people to see the people in the update team and show some love

You can also see who is in what team here - https://www.champman0102.net/memberlist.php?mode=team

I'll hold back my nom(s) until Riise feeds back on your idea :ok:
HaroldFinch
Reserve Team Player

Post by HaroldFinch »

Yeah good idea tbh. I feel like when we say "the whole update team has done great things this month", although we mean well, it can feel like we're trivialising everything they do because we aren't mentioning names and praising them individually. And as Alias says, even if you can see who is in the team on the members list, it's hard to know what they are all doing individually when you're not a part of the team.
riise
Community Team

Post by riise »

Alias47 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:29 pm Suggestion, and it's just a suggestion of course, but how about listing all of the update team individually as the poll this month? And then anyone can comment on how/why they're voting for that particular member of the update team if they wish. We all know someone from the update team will win this month (deservedly so, not being snarky) so how about listing the whole team and then people can vote as they see fit. I'm in favour of this because I don't even really know who the update team consists of other than Dermotron and that's only because it's his thread the update is released in. And for the last few months I've been trying to nominate new names who haven't won before so I'd personally like to vote for an update team member who has never won the award before...does that make sense?

Sorry there's a bit of waffle going on in there - not going to lie it's Monday night I've had a few Stella watching Everton blunder their way through another 90 minutes at Molineux.
Yep, decent idea. I've spoken to Derm to whittle the list down (some from AMC's link haven't been online since last update) and then put them in alphabetical order and put the poll up - closes a week from now so vote away!
Alias47
Reserve Team Player

Post by Alias47 »

Flip of a coin really but looking from my own perspective of voting for someone who's not won before I've gone for mkskozienice. All due respect to everyone else but a bunch of those names have won it before - let's spread the love out people!
Xeno
Patch Team

Post by Xeno »

Alias47 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:19 pm Flip of a coin really but looking from my own perspective of voting for someone who's not won before I've gone for mkskozienice. All due respect to everyone else but a bunch of those names have won it before - let's spread the love out people!
He also deserves it sure . List is in 1st post, seems he won.
* [TUTORIAL] How to install and run the game CM0102?> viewtopic.php?f=85&t=3571
* [TUTORIAL] How to patch your game? Nick's CM0102Patcher,Tapani Patcher,Saturn,John Locke,OllyDbg> viewtopic.php?f=85&t=2956
Alias47
Reserve Team Player

Post by Alias47 »

Yep, turns out you're right he won in June 2015. What a doughnut I am. Nobody vote for mkskozienice! :lol:
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Not sure why I'm on there :lol:

I chuck a few transfers in the scouting and offer some rambling thoughts in research section but I don't touch the game from an update side so happy to be scratched off!

These guys are one of the reasons why this site (and game) continues to thrive - legends!
Kingsley
Stories Team

Post by Kingsley »

For me it is Redknapp69. His dedication to following, and commenting, on all of the stories keeps us writers going. With out him, that section would be near dead.
riise
Community Team

Post by riise »

Oops, started the poll earlier than usual so didn't realise it finished on Wednesday!

Congrats to Redknapp69 who ran out winner with 6 votes to make it back-to-back victories - great work! Also nice to see so many votes spread among the Update Team, though having so many to choose from may have hindered them in the end :P

And of course thanks to all who took the time to vote - 23 votes is our best turnout since the forum changed :D
Alias47
Reserve Team Player

Post by Alias47 »

riise wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:02 am Also nice to see so many votes spread among the Update Team, though having so many to choose from may have hindered them in the end :P
Yep, guess my meddling had the opposite effect as a non-member of the update team (by his own admission above in this thread) won in a month where an update team member blatantly should've won. Perhaps if I'd have left it alone one of them would've won it anyway :oops:

My idea for the past few months of this has been to try and nominate new names into the mix to help encourage new members or less frequent posters, because the same relatively small group of people winning over and over is frankly boring. But hey, thanks to Riise for endeavouring all the same and congrats to Redknapp69 despite the pair of them being bad, bad kopites.
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

Redknapp is as much a member as the guys that edit the database :ok:
Alias47
Reserve Team Player

Post by Alias47 »

Dermotron wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:51 am Redknapp is as much a member as the guys that edit the database :ok:
You telling him or me...?!
Redknapp69 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:35 pm Not sure why I'm on there :lol:

I chuck a few transfers in the scouting and offer some rambling thoughts in research section but I don't touch the game from an update side so happy to be scratched off!

These guys are one of the reasons why this site (and game) continues to thrive - legends!
:lol:
Dermotron
Update Team (Director)

Post by Dermotron »

Everyone :)

The more eyes on the database and world football the better
riise
Community Team

Post by riise »

There were plenty of worthy winners on there, but someone's gotta win it and Redknapp69 is more than deserving!
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Thanks guys but for sure all the love should go the team that update this fine game that we all love so much - another fantastic update - top work all!