No votes
Spectral
21%

Total votes: 14

riise
Community Team

Member of the Month - December 2021

Post by riise »

At the beginning of each month, a new thread will appear where members can put forward their nominations for who they think have been an integral part of the community in the previous month. Who will you be nominating?

Please put forward ONE nomination and why you feel that particular member should be named 'Member of the Month'.

Nominations can be for a number of activities ranging from scouting for the update teams, writing a story, running competitions, releasing a popular download or even just helping to 'Keep the Game Alive' by being a regular poster.

After a week, the nominations are then put to a vote to the community where the winner will receive unique status as 'Member of the Month'. It should go without saying that you cannot vote for yourself!

A full list of winners since the MotM award was introduced to the community can be accessed here.
riise
Community Team

Post by riise »

Anyone?

I'll nominate Spectral for his continued commitment in running CML - must take quite a chunk of time but he's always on it and gearing up for another season.
Xeno
Patch Team

Post by Xeno »

I nominate Spectral this month again, Tactic Benchmark League, as he tested 1400 tactics and 100 times each of them, huge time consuming and patience and determination . He reported the overall ranking result with categories&details for all members and encourage everybody to make own tactics. He tested every tactic which any member posted. Most members are mostly visiting his thread frequently.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3031

Also, I nominate Nick+Co for his new patcher version for 2021.
* [TUTORIAL] How to install and run the game CM0102?> viewtopic.php?f=85&t=3571
* [TUTORIAL] How to patch your game? Nick's CM0102Patcher,Tapani Patcher,Saturn,John Locke,OllyDbg> viewtopic.php?f=85&t=2956
SteveHarle
Update Team (Director)

Post by SteveHarle »

I know how hard he's worked on it and there have certainly been a few challenges - i'm going for the guy who left it till the last few minutes of the year to get it out (the starter kit that is you filthy animals...)

Harold Finch gets my nomination - The new version of the starter kit is a friggin masterpiece.

I know we only get one nomination but don't want it to go unnoticed, Cam F also deserves a big shout - he's done a hell of a lot of work on his 93/94 and 95/96 databases which have been further updated and included in the kit. If anyone has played them, they are crackers.
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

My first choice would have been Mr Finch.

Well, after the chat about getting new names nominated in previous months, I was going to nominate whoever was last alphabetically on the Members List! :lol:

So my actual choice is Kingsley. Have got to admit as mod for the area, I have kinda been missing in action in the Stories section recently, but Kingsley as well as a few others has kept it alive and well and it's still my favourie section of the site.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

I wasn't sure if Mr Finch's update was in Dec or Jan so glad someone clarified that

Lots of options already then which is good. I was out of the game on the site for late December and I have no idea who I will vote for at the mo but I'll throw into the pot Libertine73 for his excellent story that's spanned a few chapters

Shout out to Alias47 as well who I may nominate next month who's doing some nice stuff in Scouting
HaroldFinch
Patch Team

Post by HaroldFinch »

ebfatz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:19 pm My first choice would have been Mr Finch.

Well, after the chat about getting new names nominated in previous months, I was going to nominate whoever was last alphabetically on the Members List! :lol:

So my actual choice is Kingsley. Have got to admit as mod for the area, I have kinda been missing in action in the Stories section recently, but Kingsley as well as a few others has kept it alive and well and it's still my favourie section of the site.
SteveHarle wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:43 pm I know how hard he's worked on it and there have certainly been a few challenges - i'm going for the guy who left it till the last few minutes of the year to get it out (the starter kit that is you filthy animals...)

Harold Finch gets my nomination - The new version of the starter kit is a friggin masterpiece.

I know we only get one nomination but don't want it to go unnoticed, Cam F also deserves a big shout - he's done a hell of a lot of work on his 93/94 and 95/96 databases which have been further updated and included in the kit. If anyone has played them, they are crackers.
Bless you both! :) very kind words. Thank you both for helping me along the way with it - from the first release back in January 2021, I've been able to ask you guys so many questions and for your thoughts on how you think certain things should work, with only positive replies and suggestions (at least to my face :lol:)! And Ebz, I know you've been doing loads of social media bits to promote it and support people when they have issues with it, especially on Twitter where I rarely make an appearance! So thanks a lot for all that.

As Steve has said, Cam has been consistently improving his amazing retro databases, but he has worked particularly hard to improve on his 93 and 95 databases this month to align with the latest release of the Starter Kit, so I will give Cam an official vote this month :D

Due to the amount of time I have been spending on the Starter Kit and the Tech Support threads, I rarely find myself on other areas of the forum, but it's great to see certain people keeping each sub forum alive and kicking!
SteveHarle
Update Team (Director)

Post by SteveHarle »

Think that's enough for a vote now isn't it? ;)
riise
Community Team

Post by riise »

SteveHarle wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:02 pm Think that's enough for a vote now isn't it? ;)
I wasn't simply being stubborn and waiting the full week, I've actually been busy at work!

Poll is up now ;) I was feeling nice so put everyone mentioned up, despite some being part of double nom posts :P
SteveHarle
Update Team (Director)

Post by SteveHarle »

riise wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:57 pm
SteveHarle wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:02 pm Think that's enough for a vote now isn't it? ;)
I wasn't simply being stubborn and waiting the full week, I've actually been busy at work!

Poll is up now ;) I was feeling nice so put everyone mentioned up, despite some being part of double nom posts :P
Where are your priorities man?? :lol:
evesham
Decent Young Player

Post by evesham »

Had to vote for Cam, his 93/94 database kept me entertained over Christmas and a few months before, now having fun on CM3
BETTE NICOLAS
Youth Team Player

Post by BETTE NICOLAS »

For me Sir CAM F his db retro are legendary 93-95-98 respect thank you again huge work
riise
Community Team

Post by riise »

Poll has expired, congratulations to Cam F who takes home the final Member of the Month of 2021 - I see plenty of support for the work he's put in on his retro databases (and tried 93/94 myself recently, a masterpiece indeed)!

Well done to all who were nominated, keep up the good work in 2022 :)
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Congrats Cam - VERY much deserved!

Nice one to the other nom's and those that voted!