Newbe to the Forum but not CM01/02

Hitchin_Brian

Newbe to the Forum but not CM01/02

Post by Hitchin_Brian »

Thought I'd register and say hello.

I'm a serious CM01/02 addict.

Brought my first home computer in 1998 which came with an offer of six free games which you could choose from a list.

Having played football manager games on Sinclair ZX Spectrum (yes i'm that old!), Sega Megadrive and Nintendo, one of the free games I choose was Championship Manager 3.

It was so addictive I never tried the other games. Tonton Zola Moukoko was the man. I remember having to contact EI-Dos to get a patch disk as the game crashed after a couple of seasons. I even brought the CM3 book from a Game Store and learnt how to play the game to pretty much it's full potential.

As soon as they came out I brought CM 99/00 and then 01/02.

I've been addicted ever since. I've purchased more recent versions but they are not the same and require sophisticated graphics cards which I don't have or want.

So I've been playing CM01/02 for the last 22 years, mainly using random players to give it a bit of variety but always going for the Nigerian D LC whose available on a free at the start. Taribo West in the real players world. Often taking my beloved Luton Town from Div 3 to the Premier League.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. I searched Championship Manager 01/02 on Ebay looking for a copy as a spare in case my disk ever failed.
I then discovered Mark selling an updated version of CM 01/02 with 2023 updates. I couldn't resist and pleased I didn't.

Wow, this is great. Thank you Mark and the other guys that have written the patch and updates.
Currently playing Wrexham and just sold Mullen for £5m to fund the rest of the squad. It's gonna end in tears!

As for my teams in the real world. I'm a volunteer at my home town non-league club. The clues in my user name.
We were relegated from Southern Premier Central Division on the last day of the season. Gutted, not because we were relegated but as the updated CM01/02 allows you to play NL South or North, step 2, we were only one division away from me being able to manage my club on the game.
The other team as mentioned before is Luton Town, so looking like a double relegation for me this season.

Off to Wembley Saturday for non-league finals day.

One question I will ask: Is it possible to play the game without needing to load the disk?

I'm sure there are ways of doing this so it runs directly from the PC but I'm not very techy. Thanks
evesham
VIP

Re: Newbe to the Forum but not CM01/02

Post by evesham »

Hitchin_Brian wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:56 pm
One question I will ask: Is it possible to play the game without needing to load the disk?

I'm sure there are ways of doing this so it runs directly from the PC but I'm not very techy. Thanks
Hi Brian welcome to the forum, great 1st post, yes if you go here to download the game and then mount it.
download/file.php?id=3995

Step by Step Instructions
- Once downloaded, click 'CM0102.zip' and it will open in File Explorer.
- Extract the file 'CM0102.iso' to a preferred location on your device.
- Right-click on 'CM0102.iso' and click 'Mount'.
- The game then be mounted as a virtual drive (usually drive F:) as though you have entered the disc into your computer.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please remember that you don't delete cm0102.iso (the file you downloaded above) because the game will ask you to insert a CD disk each time you reboot your computer and cm0102.iso serves as your disk; you have to double-click on it or right-click on it to choose mount on virtual CD drive. If you use Windows 7, Vista, or Win XP, you will need a virtual CD drive program to play the game.
Here2Win79
Update Team (Scout)

Post by Here2Win79 »

You could use the editor that comes with the game to swap your non league team with a conference team and enjoy taking them from the conference to the champions league
Hitchin_Brian

Post by Hitchin_Brian »

Hi evsham and Here2Win79

Thank you both for the replies. I'll give those both a try.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Post by Redknapp69 »

Welcome and great to hear you found this place!

It would have been me meesaging you on ebay but as you can see - everything you need is on this site - free as ever (only on ebay to undercut some lowlife that sometimes look to profit from our updates)

Ah - shame on the double relegation - I really felt a couple of months ago Luton had a load of decent performances and just didn't pick up the points at that time - they've been a breat of fresh air though!

Let us know of any Q's if you are still not up and running

Enjoy Wembley!
Hitchin_Brian

Post by Hitchin_Brian »

Thanks Redknapp69 to you and your colleagues for keeping the game alive and kicking.

This really is the game of my life as the ad used to say.

Re: Luton Town. Rightly or wrongly, I had resigned myself to relegation before the season had started. Maybe it was my safety net position of not being disappointed when the likely happened however some ex players were telling me different and they weren't wrong. It took a little while to find our feet but we have given the Premier League a good go. I now feel more disappointed than at start of the season as we should really be staying up.

Too many silly dropped points at home against the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool.

Don't mention Bournemouth away