Returning rubbish player

Moderator: Community Team

forrestgump
Youth Team Player

Returning rubbish player

Post by forrestgump »

Hi,

I grew up watching my older brother play CM99/00 and 01/02, and when I finally got the chance to play myself I took charge of the mighty Forest Green Rovers. At the time I had no idea what the stats meant, and I thought Morale represented the players' quality. So, I signed myself a full squad of free transfers with Superb morale, and was surprised when my team got several hidings in a row.

My brother ended up showing me the basics and was even kind enough to share the exploit in 99/00 that allows you to sign any player willing to come to you for free. Using this method I managed to have quite a few good games, and even graduated to 01/02 without cheating every save. I also played FM05, a lot of 08, and most recently 1 season on 21 - which was way, way, way too involved and time consuming.

I came back to 01/02 last year and honestly expected the game to be quite easy, especially because I was playing as Celtic. I was wrong. Despite Celtic being fairly rich, having a lot of luck with signings (I got Casillas and Keane on free transfers, Joe Cole fairly cheap), I struggled domestically and in Europe. I managed to win the league the two seasons I played, but it was close both times and I dropped a lot of points away from home. In Europe I struggled against decent teams and got the floor mopped with me against good teams.

I want to get back into the CM3 era games and I'm hoping to learn more about how the tactics work and so on.
Redknapp69
Marketing Team

Returning rubbish player

Post by Redknapp69 »

Nice intro pal :ok:

Welcome to the site!
Mark
Chairman

Returning rubbish player

Post by Mark »

Welcome! I remember signing many a player with that bug :D

There'll be plenty to learn in our tactics forum!
Alias47
Reserve Team Player

Returning rubbish player

Post by Alias47 »

Hi. Loads and loads of superb tactics here on the forum, most work a dream with the .68 data. As the data updates have gone on the update team have fiendishly adjusted the AI tactics in each update to be more challenging but with Nick's Patcher you can play modern updates with the AI having older (.68 for example) tactics if you wish.

You should check out prolific tactic maker Scemoka's thread here: https://www.champman0102.net/viewtopic. ... 720#p45720

And Spectral very kindly re-opened the tactics benchmark league (kudos to him it seems like a lot of work!) in which tactics are run against each other and the results tabled in a league format. Here: https://www.champman0102.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3031
riise
Community Team

Returning rubbish player

Post by riise »

forrestgump wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:53 pm At the time I had no idea what the stats meant, and I thought Morale represented the players' quality. So, I signed myself a full squad of free transfers with Superb morale, and was surprised when my team got several hidings in a row.
:lol:

Welcome!