Tactics Benchmark Testing Setup , Version: 1.1
Tactics Benchmark Testing Setup allows parallel automated testing and benchmarking of tactics against default tactics or against each other. This setup makes it possible to benchmark many times in a row, fully automated by writing benchmark testing results to the file "benchresult" in your CM folder after each run by holidaying the game until the 31st of May. One instance takes around 12 seconds for a full season. Fully automated consecutive 20 instances take approx 2.5 minutes with output results report. You can use [TOOL] CMTacTool - Tactic Benchmark Tool for assessing your benchmark results.
*** Tactic_Benchmark_mode_v1.1 :
This setup is updated version of Tapani's tactic benchmark setup BM-v1.0 (Tactic_Benchmark_mode_v1.0) with below modifications. Tactic_Benchmark_mode_v1.1 contains a patched save (a_benchmark.sav, same as Tactic_Benchmark_mode_v1.0) and a reduced patched game exe (cm0102_bm1.1.exe) patched with with development/benchmark mode by [PATCH] Tapani Patch (v2.19) for Greek National A Divison for testing tactics against default tactics or against each other. Also, the accompanying exe writes the benchmark results to the file "benchresult.csv" after each run. Using with 'bench_bm1.1.bat' makes it possible to benchmark many times (current bat file is set as 20 times) in a row, fully automated. No need to worry about patch version Tapani Patch (v2.19) as all patcher versions are same based on tactical usage of AI managers.
The changes in Tactic_Benchmark_mode_v1.1 are:
- You can add more manager to more teams in Greek National A Divison to load more than one tactic for testing against default tactics or against each other.
- All transfers and regen promotions are stopped.
- No injury during tactic benchmark testing.
- Exe writes the benchmark results to the file "benchresult.csv" after each run instead of "benchresult.txt" for opening file in excel more effectively.
*** Tactic_Benchmark_mode_v1.0 (Tapani's BM-v1.0) :
This setup is same as BM-v1.0 tactic benchmark setup which was created by Tapani including a patched save (a_benchmark.sav) and a reduced game exe (cm0102_bm1.0.exe) patched with with development/benchmark mode by [PATCH] Tapani Patch (v2.19) for Greek National A Divison for testing tactics against default tactics. Also, the accompanying exe writes the benchmark results to the file "benchresult.txt" after each run. Using with 'bench_bm1.0.bat' makes it possible to benchmark many times (current bat file is set as 20 times) in a row, fully automated. No need to worry about patch version Tapani Patch (v2.19) as all patcher versions are same based on tactical usage of AI managers.
Attention! Before you begin, ensure that you have installed the game and the SI Games - Official Patch v3.9.68!
1- Download the Tactic_Benchmark_mode_v1.1 setup by clicking its filename in this post below.
2- Once downloaded, click on the rar file and it will open in File Explorer. Extract the contents to a preferred location on your device. Highlight all of these files and click 'Copy'.
3- Navigate to your Championship Manager 01-02 directory. Usually located (unless you specified otherwise during the installation of the game) in 'This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Championship Manager 01-02 > '. Inside your CM folder, paste all the files that you copied in step-2.
4- IMPORTANT: Right click cm0102_bm1.1.exe , be sure that 'run as admin' and ' compatibility mode' are UNTICK if you face any error after setting 'run as admin' and ' compatibility mode' .
5- Run cm0102_bm1.1.exe and load tactic benchmark save 'a_benchmark.sav'
6- IMPORTANT: Disable autosave! Set 'Auto Save' option as 'Never' from 'Game Settings menu.
7- Set holiday instructions as 'Use current match tactics', 'Reject all offers for players', 'Do not buy any players' without going holiday and save the game with same name as 'a_benchmark.sav'
8a- Load the tactic which you want to test against default tactics which are already set in save game 'a_benchmark.sav'
8b- If you want to test more tactics against each other, you can add more manager and load different tactics which you want for each one. Then, set holiday instructions as step-7 for each managers and just go holiday except manager named 'Bench Mark'.
9a- If you want to test only one time , just go holiday by setting holiday instructions as step-7 .
9b- If you want to test several times automatically, just exit the game after saving the game with same name as a_benchmark and then double-click bench_bm1.1.bat in your CM folder. When you run bat file , several CM0102 windows will pop up with you on holiday until 31st of May. The instances will stack on top of each other and will be closed automatically.
10- After testing is finished, you can delete 'dup' folders which are created in your CM folder during automated tactic bencmark testing.
11- The league tables are all in 'benchresult.csv' file in your CM folder. You can open it and check the tactic benchmark testing results.
* Code inside bench_bm1.1.bat file:
- If you need to change the number of instances, open 'bench_bm1.1.bat' file in notepad. Change the line 'set nof_threads=20' to the number of instances you want to run concurrently. The bat files in 'Benchmark_mode_bat.rar' are already set as 'set nof_threads=20' which means 20 instances will run.
Code: Select all
@echo off set nof_threads=20 for /L %%i in (0,1,%nof_threads%) do mkdir dup%%i set CM3_PREFS=%CD% set i=0 :run_next set CM3_TEMP=%CD%\dup%i% start /b cm0102_bm1.1.exe -load a_benchmark.sav timeout 7 set /a i+=1 if %i% LSS %nof_threads% goto run_next
- In the code, 'timeout' refers to the delay between when each instance starts . In the case above, timeout is set 7 seconds.
- If you need to change the exe name and save game file name to yours , open 'bench_bm1.1.bat' file in notepad. Change related exe name and save game name in the code. In the case above, exe name is cm0102_bm1.1.exe and save game name is a_benchmark.sav , and so 'bench_bm1.1.bat' file will work only for this exe and sav game.
- You can have a read [TUTORIAL] How to build a top tactic ? >>> viewtopic.php?f=85&t=3626
- You can use [TOOL] CMTacTool - Tactic Benchmark Tool for assessing your benchmark results. [TOOL] CMTacTool - Tactic Benchmark Tool >>> viewtopic.php?f=77&t=3618
FAQs and Technical Support
Have you followed the instructions above to the letter but have come across an issue? If so, then do not worry!
We have worked hard to put together a FAQ specifically to this type of download so all you need to do now is click on the link below and you'll be taken to our 'Technical Support' area where you will hopefully find a solution to your problem.
However, if you find that no solution has been provided, then please do use this same thread to report your issue and in order for us to help you, please be as detailed as possible. If a solution has been found, we will then update the FAQ with your own issue for others who may come across the issue in the future!