[HOF INDUCTEE] Beezer,Celtic1967

The Hall of Fame consists of memorable topics, stories, CM 01/02 Legends, awards and members who have made a huge contribution to CM 01/02 over the years,
Mark
Chairman

[HOF INDUCTEE] Beezer,Celtic1967

Post by Mark »

Beezer,Celtic1967

The 2014 www.champman0102.co.uk Awards saw the Hall of Fame Inductee category open once again where an individual is recognised for their services to the community. There have only been two previous winners with Tapani the first to be inducted and Dermotron in 2013.

This particular winner for 2014 goes back a long way in his start to virtual life here at www.champman0102.co.uk. It was when this website was actually run on phpBB (before vBulletin!) and I can recall now when he first arrived on the scene as a complete novice in not just how the game works but also in how to use his computer! I look back now with fondness (though perhaps not at the time!) at the numerous issues and queries that came up that became well known as 'beezering' but I am pleased to say that it all worked out in the end and especially to the benefit of our community as he soon got involved in the CM 01/02 Update Team and become an 'Updater'. It is, of course, Beezer,Celtic1967.

Beezer's knowledge of the game is second to none and it is that commitment and dedication to the cause that allowed Beezer to work his way up the ladder on to the 'Board' of the CM 01/02 Update Team and there he has remained as a key individual until this year. As a lot of work goes on behind the scenes, some of you will not be able to appreciate just how much work and research that Beezer has put into studying the logistics of the game. It is such knowledge that had become vital and has generated some very fascinating discussion and results within the team.

Of course, Beezer is also a well known individual to the public outside of the team! A very enthusiastic individual (though perhaps too much with regards to his boyhood Celtic (hail hail!) and Scottish politics!), Beezer has become a recognisable figure in our community.

This award comes at a very sad time for the CM 01/02 Update Team. Sadly, Beezer made the decision before Christmas to step down from the CM 01/02 Update Team altogether although he has indicated a willingness to help with research in the future. I sincerely wish Beezer the very best of luck in his future endeavours and hope you will all join me in thanking Beezer for the countless amount of hours and effort that he has put into updating the game and of course, keeping it alive. There will never be anybody quite like Beezer again, of that I can be sure!

Thank you and congratulations on your award, Beezer,Celtic1967.