British Exportation of Football Going Full Circle and the opportunist attempt of a Banking Giant

Threads that are no longer required will be moved into the 'Archives' as opposed to being deleted permanently from our website.
leovii
Reserve Team Player

British Exportation of Football Going Full Circle and the opportunist attempt of a Banking Giant

Post by leovii »

This is coming from an English Perspective and trying to keep it as short as possible

Having begun centuries ago with wild games of up to a thousand players from local villages and towns football became developed and codified by elite private schools seeking to make men out off boys who would become destined to rule the British empire at the time. Hundreds of clubs then formed across Britain with a make up of an institution associated with the players from a church, factory or pub in most cases. Around 1880 professionalism started creeping into the game and the English Football league was formed in 1888

The British Empire and diaspora then spread the game across the globe usually where the British had trading power and influence at the time and you will commonly see many European, South American, African and Asian teams today using kits, badges or names in association to this with many even having British founders of foreign clubs

By the 1950's in England even though players would be paid a decent wage the start of under the table financial deals was at a beginning when attempting to attract players from rival clubs and trying to incentivise these players to perform better with even some star players at the time getting rewarded with expensive packets of cigars, free meals at fancy restaurants and even given property

By the 1960's television had started to revolutionise the game more people could watch matches from the privacy of their own home with an entire media circus created around it with debate and analysis shows being broadcast also

The 1980's saw the end of standing in stadiums after tragedies of Hillsborough and Heysel but there was also many other safety concerns involving poor ground maintenance and the overcrowding of fans like cattle into decaying structures which was commonly seeing stands collapse or fires happen.
After these events the governmental and football bodies be it regional, national or global got involved to put safety first and the game started to become more all seater and 'safe' but there was a price to pay for this supporters no longer had a say on much and the power started to shift towards companies, investors and governing bodies leading onto a domino effect seeing even more international merchants with no attachment to the local clubs people or traditions becoming more common. If you have the power to pacify and control large crowds you have power and a legitimacy of sorts. Football fans became less primal and more structured and controlled by the powers that be even socially engineered

The 1990's saw the monopolisation of television rights and the creation and rebranding of the top division into the Premier league and clubs that had previously relied heavily on ticket sales and local merchandise sales for revenue started focusing more on claiming more tv revenue after the league buyout from media Giant Rupert Murdoch (BSKYB) and in a way 'the franchise of the premier league' it started transforming the bigger football clubs focus away from being local sporting institutions into global companies instead. These clubs financially would focus purely on international branding and emerging foreign football markets. This obviously moved the clubs economic and cultural focus from local supporters onto growing international markets to please shareholders and grow capital and in some cases just cover debt and expenditure

Recently the Superleague breakaway attempt from the Global investment bank JP Morgan who offered to put up funding to create the new league structure for Europe's Elite clubs was no surprise to me as the modern game which was created and exported by the British in the late 1800's ended up being stolen by the (insert word here*) Many of Europe's elites clubs are in huge debt so it was no surprise seeing a bank offer to fund the set up of the new Superleague allowing more debt to be thrust upon clubs like Real Madrid and Man Utd.

As I wrote this out I took some context of this from a video I watched on odysee from a video creator called nativist concern and tied it into after thoughts of reading 'societies of control' by Deleuze which you can see the industrial and disciplined fan from the early 1900's into a packed caged animal in the 1980s to now the football fan just being at the bottom of a caste system in the modern footballing world dominated by global capital yeah they may have aesthetically pleasing but soulless modern stadiums and comfy £5 microwaved beefburgers but they are just consumerist plebs or connoisseurs with no power or say in a game (from the eyes of power) when it was a game organically started by common village people and towns people centuries ago.
Last edited by leovii on Sat May 15, 2021 10:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Post by leovii »

Part 2 Media Mind*uckery

Enter Gary Neville ex Man Utd defender and plays the media role as voice of the Pleb even voice of the fan. ''Omg Gary is passionate'' 'Gary speaks his mind'' you will see in the Youtube comments well he does to a certain extent but I think this clown forgot who pays his wages

That passionate rant about the breakaway teams a couple of weeks ago which I do believe was authentic was obviously a bit too close to shining the torch on certain owners and certain groups of individuals so now Gary Neville and Sky Sports are reversing the script as too why English teams are dominating European competitions again even stating and calling them 'English' clubs when English is an ethnicity but the league has very few actual English players applying their trade in the top division. Yes Gary it's great you can moan two weeks ago about the money ruining the game and those greedy owners only for sky sports to whip you back in line and celebrate 'English clubs' who are foreign owned with foreign investors and foreign players and foreign managers very 'English' and something to be proud of and don't forget Gary isn't this great all this foreign money means we can win champions leagues with some of the best foreign players around the globe all whilst fans are kept away from stadiums and might get one or a couple of representative into a boardroom which isn't gonna make F'all difference.

leovii
Reserve Team Player

Post by leovii »

Part 3 The Americanisation of England, Global Empire and Post Industrial age

After ww2 The British Empire had all but collapsed with this saw the emergence of new Global powers in the U.S and the Soviet Union
The United Kingdom kept close allied status with the U.S pretty much becoming a puppet state with American media and culture becoming ever more influential. From hollywood movies and talk shows to the overall Americanisation culturally and economically which saw the death of many local businesses (bakers, butchers, fish mongers , many industries shipped abroad to the 3rd world for cheap labour and cheap production costs leading onto American dominance becoming prevalent on the highstreets in the form of megachains and hypermalls (starbucks. mcds) alongside the shared cultural and political ends such as melting pot theory, cultural marxism, hyper american capitalism and imperialism with shared foreign policy both pre and post cold war. With this saw the destruction of localisation and community with the break down of the traditional family unit (just look at divorce rates and abortion rates)

American Embassy in Seoul but this could be anywhere in the world who is an economic puppet of the U.S

It changed what the powers that be wanted English to be portrayed to the world a nation of tolerance, equality and consumerism practically the ethos of a conquered people with no will but just acceptance compared to the empire days of strength, nobility , sense of adventure and even conquest

You can see this with the mentality of the modern fan as it is the overall mentality of the modern English person. Why does this matter on a football thread because the modern fan and general outlook is only a extension of this I see many football fans out of shape, drunk , chanting and slurring a man with no purpose or identity even pride just getting drunk whilst escaping his week on a Saturday afternoon at football. The English fan abroad and in most cases the hooligan would then try and reignite some spark or lost past for this history by embarrassing himself starting/provoking fights with other football fans wrecking foreign towns at tournaments and just generally acting like manbabies. Demoralisation I guess

I just wanted to add this to the thread as it certainly carried over into the mentality of English Football Fans from the 70s to the 90s and then leading onto this to the new modern bug man supporter in the modern age obsessed with statistics and football debate very civilised enjoys his comfy new stadiums and loves the foreign money and foreign players as he tries to rationalise this with some cognitive dissonance in some form of pride and patriotism in terms of international football or there team winning the champions league. I guess I am saying the modern football fan is a pacifist and social conformist and very politically correct 'obedient' to the current power structures whether he subconsciously or instinctively knows this or not.

But let''s be honest most people don't know their own history these days (certainly not in Western Europe) as reading or researching is a thing of the past for most people which will cut off spiritual connection to his ancestors or traditions which is why the clubs and the game will be stolen away from them if there entire world view is based from what foreign owned media tells them. I don't think it there fault either media is a very powerful tool so is state education

I would put American in ((())) but I think I'll leave it there.
Last edited by leovii on Sat May 15, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Post by leovii »

Part 4 Bread and Circuses

"Bread and circuses" (or bread and games; from Latin: panem et circenses) is a metonymic phrase referring to superficial appeasement. It is attributed to Juvenal, a Roman poet active in the late first and early second century CE — and is used commonly in cultural, particularly political, contexts.

In a political context, the phrase means to generate public approval, not by excellence in public service or public policy, but by diversion, distraction or by satisfying the most immediate or base requirements of a populace by offering a palliative: for example food (bread) or entertainment (circuses).

Imagepng image upload

Juvenal, who originated the phrase, used it to decry the "selfishness" of common people and their neglect of wider concerns. The phrase implies a population's erosion or ignorance of civic duty as a priority

This phrase originates from Rome in Satire X of the Roman satirical poet Juvenal (c. CE 100). In context, the Latin panem et circenses (bread and circuses) identifies the only remaining interest of a Roman populace which no longer cares for its historical birthright of political involvement. Here Juvenal displays his contempt for the declining heroism of contemporary Romans, using a range of different themes including lust for power and desire for old age to illustrate his argument. Roman politicians passed laws in 140 CE to keep the votes of poorer citizens, by introducing a grain dole: giving out cheap food and entertainment, "bread and circuses", became the most effective way to rise to power.

I did wiki the description of bread n circuses as it as an apt comparison to the state of the modern day west and football within it being the main bread n circuses of today. A Sport media designed to trap and divert the football fan away from political concerns and into never ending pointless debates over teams, players, stats, VAR etc this media will also provide all the live games and debate shows keeping the fan even more distracted all whilst the decay of civilisation and the collapse of society continues around them. In terms of the European today a civilisation which was created by our ancestors linked into the Roman of then where the common man was easily pleased by chariot races which became politicised in the colosseum and bread hand outs in the cities for votes or support keeping the common man pleased and entertained. The football fans today argue with each other even wishing death upon each other on social media and are too transfixed and socially engineered by this point to even look at wider concerns. These wider concerns are controlled by the 2 political wings of the mainstream left/right dichotomy which both are neo liberal, embrace globalism, hyper capitalism, cultural marxism and are completely for lockdowns there is no divide and they vary on very little policies be it foreign or domestic. The same political parties over the years that did nothing to protect the common man/football fan when clubs where sold or turned into global companies owned by people with international interests. If you look at the Hillsborough disaster the police cover ups and governments lack of response and even sincere investigations to it will show you what they think of the fan and common person. In fact I would even say it was encouraged to happen by the political class then if you listen to the instructions on the police radios at the day of the game they knew the stadiums where overcrowded they knew people where getting crushed but the police stuck to their instructions from the top down and pretty much kept everyone penned in. It was in the power interests long term to get crowd control in football and sedate fans

I see so many fans transfixed within online algorithms being the first to give an opinion on a sky sports video uploaded to youtube so that his comment maybe highlighted or get to the top or many fans constantly looking for transfer news of which new African, South American or Asian players some rich owner will be buying for their club there is always a game to watch on online or tv these days which drives even more diversion. Throw onto the political correctness and enforced narratives on the modern fan which is coming from the political and merchant classes with BLM, rainbow flags and covid covid covid reminders for the English football fan who in turn only repeats what they have had programmed into their brains and think they are enlightened for doing so even though the game was stolen away from them years ago and will stick with football non the less. It's pure escapism for some and an outlet for others
Last edited by leovii on Sat May 15, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Post by leovii »

Part 5 The Deity Complex The Untouchable Oligarch

After watching the cup final today with a few members of my family saw a huge banner of the Leicester owner taking up the entire tier of one stand sectioned off because of 'covid' and 'distance restrictions' for fans. Khun Top is his name seems very gracious, authentic and likeable like most East Asian people I have met in my life. This owner interacts a lot with the players and playing staff and has a great rapport with his fanbase.

Seeing the banner of the owner like a Deity a god with moto's and messages on the banner just shows how superhuman or untouchable these owners are perceived by regular people in a hyper capitalistic society within a neo liberal power structure they are essentially gods for good or bad. Take Mike Ashley on the other end of the spectrum widely despised by his fanbase runs the club purely as a business and is holding out for an unrealistic figure to sell the club for a huge profit one day. The fans know this but there is nothing they can do about in a society where money is everything I'm not advocating violence here I am just using a hypothetical example he could not be forced out the club via violence or extreme crowd pressure even intimidation by fans which might of been used in the past when this deity complex was not in football. I remember owners/chairman in the 80's who would resign after the anger of a mob of club fans might of spilled over in a carpark or outside the stadium somewhere. In comparison to these days fans subconsciously know 'this is not worth it' you are heavily watched by endless cameras and surveillance and these extremely wealthy people are heavily protected and you will get the full weight of the English legal system and the state thrust against you for just throwing a rotten tomato.

Moved from Football to Archives on Mon May 17, 2021 7:45 am by Mark