Favourite Leader In WW2 era

Threads that are no longer required will be moved into the 'Archives' as opposed to being deleted permanently from our website.

Favourite leader

Benito
No votes
Joseph
No votes
Adolf
50%
Winston
No votes
Hirohito
50%
Franklin
No votes

Total votes: 2

leovii
Reserve Team Player

Post by leovii »

Pretty simple one with a poll (now I know how to use the poll button)

If there any leaders you want me to add let me know

2 votes allowed
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Post by leovii »

I'm not gonna comment on this thread just for others to vote
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

Why?
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Post by leovii »

was curious how the voting would go and it anonymous as well so if people don't wanna get into long drawn out responses to others they can just vote
ebfatz
Social Media Team

Post by ebfatz »

But

But

Why?!

Favourite leader from a war?

I just don't get it?
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Post by leovii »

oh because it was a ideologically driven war which shapes our world today

it was the global capitalist powers and International Communism v Nationalism/Fascism

then after Capitalists defeated Communism cold war +

So find it interesting
samsami
VIP

Post by samsami »

I find it interesting as well.

I am not voting on this, but I will say I grew up thinking the Germans were the bad guys, the Dutch were the good guys - as were our English-speaking friends, the Allies - and the Jews were the victims.

My perspective changed over time. You begin to realise that it's not so black-and-white, although there is more than just an element of truth in it.

I have just finished reading The German War: A Nation Under Arms, a fascinating book by Nicholas Stargardt which takes a look at WWII from the perspective and feelings of ordinary Germans under the Nazi regime. He quotes numerous diaries and letters which make you understand what ordinary people were thinking - and why.
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Post by leovii »

samsami wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:04 am I find it interesting as well.

I am not voting on this, but I will say I grew up thinking the Germans were the bad guys, the Dutch were the good guys - as were our English-speaking friends, the Allies - and the Jews were the victims.

My perspective changed over time. You begin to realise that it's not so black-and-white, although there is more than just an element of truth in it.

I have just finished reading The German War: A Nation Under Arms, a fascinating book by Nicholas Stargardt which takes a look at WWII from the perspective and feelings of ordinary Germans under the Nazi regime. He quotes numerous diaries and letters which make you understand what ordinary people were thinking - and why.
Yes ww2 was very complicated it had ideological factors, ethnic disputes, territorial disputes and reparations from ww1 building up tensions also the rise of communism from the east which was very ethnically driven by jews and nationalism in the centre block of Europe driven by axis powers who didn't want either capitalism or communism.

Like for me the country that got screwed over the most was probably Poland. The British had promised protection from western powers (UK mainly) then Germans went into try and take back land lost with what they saw as their territory in parts as it had ethnically German people in certain regions and You had the growing Soviet Union who was building empire at the time to rival Western powers. The UK pulled out and let the Germans and Soviets pretty much run riot in Poland which escalated the war and the British never kept it's promises either and let Poland be trapped between the conflict of German v slav but also within this communism v fascism. In my opinion the global financial powers wanted this war to start to trigger a chain reaction mainly UK and France.

I had family fight on both sides axis and allied having some Hungarian heritage so I certainly was more open looking into why nationalism/fascism rose in the central European Block compared to the average Brit.

I try keep it short but Looking into Churchill and who he was financially supported by in life certainly opened up my eyes to many things 10 years or so ago
Moved from General Chat to Archives on Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:31 am by Mark

Mark
Chairman

Post by Mark »

Well done. I think this is the most ridiculous thread I have ever seen in 16 years of running this website.

Moved to archives.