Super League - Off Topic Comments

Threads that are no longer required will be moved into the 'Archives' as opposed to being deleted permanently from our website.
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Super League - Off Topic Comments

Post by leovii »

Whats happened to football is just a symptom of what happened in greater society liberalism into neo liberalism now heading into neo fuedalism

It's a resentment towards the working man and an extreme dis-attachement away from the masses as they would see it. It's carrying over from modern democracy and the extreme power corporations, businesses and banks have over the state and a society as a whole

They feel untouchable the owners and associations of football completely lost touch with the masses they see as inferior and insignificant. It's happened in politics and business practices in this extreme way for at least 20 years or so now

I said on the chatbox why would a hyper rich owner care what fans think if they can just create a superleague and have virtual stadiums they won't have to put up with demonstrations or fan opinions of them anymore and because of the current globalisation of football they will always have new international markets to tap into and increase supporter bases and revenue

globalisation and profits > localisation and tradition

Is all it is essentially
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Super League

Post by leovii »

I don't understand the backlash either fans have been cheering on foreign owners, foreign players and foreign governing bodies for decades now so you can't moan when the realism of globalisation finally hits 'The Superleague' which will eventually evolve into a 'global league' if things carry on at the same rate

It's pathetic really and just a symptom of how easily the public are manipulated by media and propaganda

like how delusional are you to not see foreign owners or rich business tycoons (who have international interests not local ones) not valuing the local traditions and even the local football culture to the same level as the natives or local fans
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Super League

Post by leovii »

georged wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:40 pm I don’t believe that anyone outside of Italy, England, Spain can really be upset about this. Football is an elite sport nowadays, for just a few, and it is pretty obvious that clubs owned by big money are interested in maintaining it this way.

I mean, to The Netherlands, despite the occasional Ajax run (and only the last couple of years), the Champions League is already something of a Super League.

So, I’d vote: I don’t care. But since that option is not available I can say: Good (or Bad).
I think it's going to vary country to country how badly effected local traditions of certain clubs have been trampled on by financial elites and even governments within a set nation

I think nations like Italy, Germany and Netherlands for example are heading that way but not decimated yet to the levels say English football is currently

At least the fans in these nations are more masculine and still have fan power through ultras and other bodies which can apply pressure to owners they don't like. I find in England the tougher men watch Rugby or just completely stopped having any interest in football now and this was replaced with a different type of fan as it became more corporate, less radical/passionate and more emasculated
James
Official Challenge Team

Super League

Post by James »

leovii wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:52 pmAt least the fans in these nations are more masculine and still have fan power through ultras and other bodies which can apply pressure to owners they don't like. I find in England the tougher men watch Rugby or just completely stopped having any interest in football now and this was replaced with a different type of fan as it became more corporate, less radical/passionate and more emasculated
Completely off topic and irrelevant comment you make here and pretty offensive to lots of English people. Unnecessarily stereotyping and also totally inaccurate.
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Super League

Post by leovii »

James wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:08 pm
leovii wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:52 pmAt least the fans in these nations are more masculine and still have fan power through ultras and other bodies which can apply pressure to owners they don't like. I find in England the tougher men watch Rugby or just completely stopped having any interest in football now and this was replaced with a different type of fan as it became more corporate, less radical/passionate and more emasculated
Completely off topic and irrelevant comment you make here and pretty offensive to lots of English people. Unnecessarily stereotyping and also totally inaccurate.
Well you can live in a fantasy world or face facts it’s up too you

With English football leading the way for the changes within football the past 30 years with that came a new breed of fan

I stand by what I say the modern football fan in England over the past 30 years deserves the super league. In fact they deserve each other
James
Official Challenge Team

Super League

Post by James »

leovii wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:31 pmWell you can live in a fantasy world or face facts it’s up too you
I’m sorry I really have no idea what you are talking about at all now or the relevance of your comments. I’m not even debating football with you, I’m taking issue with you deciding English football fans (including several members of this forum) are not masculine. Who says what defines masculinity anyway? This is a modern world and that’s a very sexist comment.

Not wasting anymore time on arguing with someone with such ridiculous views, dipping out this conversation now.
Deleted User 211

Super League

Post by Deleted User 211 »

James wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:14 pm
I’m sorry I really have no idea what you are talking about at all now or the relevance of your comments. I’m not even debating football with you, I’m taking issue with you deciding English football fans (including several members of this forum) are not masculine. Who says what defines masculinity anyway? This is a modern world and that’s a very sexist comment.

Not wasting anymore time on arguing with someone with such ridiculous views, dipping out this conversation now.
Best thing you can do unfortunately. It's just gaslighting on the Internet for attention, and the more you reply, the worse it gets.
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Super League

Post by leovii »

leovii wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:31 pmWell you can live in a fantasy world or face facts it’s up too you

so brave so moral you are

'oh that's sexist' how are you not the archetype I explained I can't stop laughing

i'm sorry the way you think is completely emasculated in itself and by you implying emasculation is somehow sexist you are implying again that emasculation is a negative or derogatory thing for a man to be called

so you know god damn well what I was getting at but you try to justify or ignore emasculation by using a word like 'sexist'

as I said before it's football fans like you that deserve the future you will get

been bending over and taking it for nearly 30 years whilst cheering on foreign owners, foreign money and foreign players you can't get more emasculated than that
leovii
Reserve Team Player

Super League

Post by leovii »

JonBetts wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:05 pm

Best thing you can do unfortunately. It's just gaslighting on the Internet for attention, and the more you reply, the worse it gets.
it's not gaslighting what has happened in greater society the social and cultural changes was only naturally going to spill over into football which has happened very intensely over the past 30 years

how is that even gaslighting and think it's a pretty obvious thing to point out but some people prefer not to see a bigger picture or even look into the mirror at themselves